Roon crashes on MacOS 10.14 Mojave beta

I had the same problem after updating to 18A377a. Like qdtjni, redoing the Accessibility workaround fixed it for me.

Works for me too.

Works for me to after redoing the Accessibility.

Admittedly this is likely to be an issue with Mac OS, not Roon, but I thought it worth flagging.
In the latest Mojave public beta (18A384a) if I try to open Roon I get a splash screen for a few seconds, and then it crashes. This has been happening intermittently on previous beta releases, but on this current release it’s now impossible to open Roon. (I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing - same problem).

As mentioned, it’s just as likely to be a Mac OS beta issue, but thought it worth posting in case anyone else is having a problem (and has a solution!), or if @support want a crash log.

Setup:

• The MacBook with the issue is a 2014 2.5GHz i715" Retina, 16GB 1500MHz DDR3 RAM. Hooked up to a Schiit Fulla 2 DAC - but same issue without the DAC (and same issue even if I’m off my network, or turn networking off)
  • Core is running on a MacBook Pro 2010 2.66GHz Intel Core2 Duo w/ 4GB RAM, wired ethernet and library on 2TB WD SSD
  • All other endpoints are working fine

Hi Nic,

I moved your post to this thread. Have a read to see a workaround to get Roon up and running.

Edit, here’s John’s workaround:

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

Every time I start the most recent Roon control app on my 13 MacBookPro 2017 it gets to the splash screen and then immediately crashes…I have a crash report and will attach…I use my 13inch MacBookPro 2017 as a control. Its currently running the most recent beta macOS Mojave version 10.14 Beta (18A384a) and started when i upgraded to this beta version and was working flawlessly prior to this, with no other changes to the system. I understand the culprit, unfortunately, i cant change the OS on the macbookpro and this report is mainly a FYI considering the full mojave release is only weeks away.

My core is on a 15 macbook pro (retina, 2.7ghz intel core i7, 16gb memory, 1TB SSD, macosx 10.13.6 high sierra) running Roon server (headless configuration) version 1.5 (build 339) stable (64bit) w my library stored on 6TB LaCie USB 3.0. Connected directly to my router.

Main home main zone is LINN Akurate DS (connected directly to the same router)… DSP engine on (headroom and sample rate conversion only)

Additional zones include homepods and Chord Poly

Other controls are ipad, and two iphone Xs

Current Library size: 2908 albums and 42400 tracks (when not using synology NAS storage and only physical USB drive like my current setup)
and increases to 5000 albums and roughly 80-90000 tracks.

Error log:[http://gofile.me/3ZYhj/MSjECgRc0](http://Error log link)

http://gofile.me/3ZYhj/MSjECgRc0

Hey John,

I moved your post to this thread, as to keep all relevant information in one place.

See @john’s post (2nd in this thread) for a workaround running Roon on Mojave beta:

Fix worked for me - I didn’t have to remove it, it was already there in the privacy list but it wasn’t checked. I checked it and it worked. I had to fix my sound issues first though, after installing the public beta today my sound stopped working and was causing the whole computer to drag and go slow.

Looks like it’s working fine with the last Beta release (i.e. 11th).

It would seem it doesn’t work. Probably people know this already, but I didn’t see it posted anywhere.

https://pastebin.com/sfjqzr6r since the log is too big and I can’t upload text files.

Well, I just found this: Roon crashes on MacOS 10.14 Mojave beta

Guess I should have searched better. :smiley:

as we are almost at GM release for 10.14 I would expect that Roon would be on top of the issues if any and have it pretty much sorted.

I am sure they are.

You can remove it from System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Accessibility and then re-add it. That fixed it for me. It is now running perfectly happily on the latest beta.

Topics now merged.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is Roon Compatible with MacOS 10.14 (Mohave)?