Roon crashes on Windows 10

Just wanted to add that I came to the support site because I am experiencing the exact same problem, which just started today.

Behavior: Roon starts, I get the Roon logo animation for a little while, then it disappears (i.e, crashes with no message - it’s just gone). Sometimes it makes it to the overview page for a few seconds, but even if you click around there’s no responsiveness at all before it then disappears.

Checking Windows update history, last update was 8/2. Roon had been working until today (8/9).

System - Windows 10, 64-bit. Feel free to ping me privately if you’d like more system data. FYI, Roon is not new to this computer – it’s been working on this same system for years.

Thanks for the help,

Vog

Just thought of one thing that may (emphasis on may) help point you in the right direction. The only system change I can think of was I recently updated the Nvidida GeForce driver to v431.60.

I don’t remember the sequence of events, so I’m not exactly sure if Roon worked at all since that or not. But I guess it’s a possibility…

@Dirk_Maeyens & @Steven_Hinchliffe - since you’re also experiencing this issue, do either of you have Nvidia Graphics cards where you recently updated the drivers?

Vog

Hi @Vog,

I was hoping you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan.

Just keeping this thread alive. I see you’re working with many other folks on this same issue (Dirk, Steven, Ben, Mathias, etc.), so will stay out of it for now - but I did want you to know I’m still experiencing the issue.

Hopefully when you figure out a solve for the other folks it’ll work for me as well.

Thanks,

Vog

Hi @Vog,

Thanks for reaching out. As I mentioned above, I was hoping you could send over some logs:

It would definitely be a great help in understanding exactly what you’re experiencing if the team can take a look at these.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan.

I took the time today to uninstall Roon, reinstall, and use a backup (two backups ago, so I knew it was working). I’ve done it multiple times now, and the behavior is the same:

1. The first time it scans the library for new files (all of which I believe I’ve temporarily removed) and everything looks like it’s working fine. I don’t touch it, but within 20 minutes (plus or minus) it crashes - just disappears.

2. Subsequent times it crashes upon starting.

Like Tommy_Olsen (who also is having this same problem, along with the others listed above), for security reasons I don’t want to send full logs. I’ll send you a private message with some more details.

Thanks,

Vog

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.