Roon Crashes When Adding Qobuz Albums to Library

A playlist with Qobuz tracks.
Click Album name
Click Add To Library
Client crash (MacBook Pro)

Happens about 70% of the time.
Fresh reboot of Core and Client.

Config details are in my Profile.

I don’t need support, I’m just letting you know.

1 Like

Hmm. Doesn’t happen for me, and I just did it several times since you’ve posted. However, I’m on a European region account. Might be something with US accounts.

Another data point:

I open the Qobuz app and find the album I want to add. I click the heart.
I switch back to Roon, and if it has appeared in Albums, I click to open the Album View. Client crash.
Restart client; it opens to the album I was trying to view.

Console system.log says:

Apr 29 15:42:32 niftypitchers-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (application.com.roon.Roon.59055609.65549355[19129]): Service exited with abnormal code: 5

Apr 29 15:52:30 niftypitchers-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.roon.Roon.59055609.65549355(501)> [1941]
Apr 29 15:52:31 niftypitchers-2 Roon[19536]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver: #2: No such file or directory
Apr 29 15:52:31 niftypitchers-2 Roon[19536]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX4000SCLib.dylib: #2: No such file or directory
Apr 29 15:52:31 niftypitchers-2 Roon[19536]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX4000SCLib.dylib: #2: No such file or directory
Apr 29 15:52:31 niftypitchers-2 Roon[19536]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources//GLRendererFloat.bundle/GLRendererFloat: #2: No such file or directory

Apr 29 15:52:33 niftypitchers-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (application.com.roon.Roon.59055609.65549355[19536]): Service exited with abnormal code: 5

Hi @Andrew_Webb

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

Sure, why not. I was going to reboot RoonServer anyway, since that’s a thrice-daily thing. Here you go.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Crashes When Adding Qobuz Albums

Did the logs help?

This is happening quite frequently.

Try this:

If you have Qobuz, magnifying-glass search for Tiga Ciao!.
In the results, you will see the album. Try adding it. Check your library/albums view. IF it is there, try clicking into it.

It crashes my MacBookPro every single time, and as it tries to reload that album the I relaunch Roon, it crashes again.

I have to go Home>Library>Roon and delete everything but the Settings folder to get Roon to stay open. Even after that, I can’t look at the album without crashing. I’ve deleted the album from Roon and restarted everything, but it still happens.