Roon crashes. Will not run

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell Latitude E6400 2 core 2,53MHz 4GB RAM.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type)
Aesthetix USB DAC

Description Of Issue
Roon has been working fine till today. I changed the external HD to one with many more files. When trying to add new music, Roon crashed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and Roon crashes every time when trying to add the new files. Here is the crash info:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Roon.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	5f3d3abf
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_4e80
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.24384
  Fault Module Timestamp:	5c6e245d
  Exception Code:	c0000374
  Exception Offset:	00000000000bf302
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	4e80
  Additional Information 2:	4e80bebe692bfe989538f9ce515640b8
  Additional Information 3:	e221
  Additional Information 4:	e2215a7d4b5ac2b9515dbeb4ff93dbf8

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

How do I fix this???

I would say that is not Roons fault.

Because you just dont have cores or ram to do that and roon cant know whats your laptop problem(s).

Hi @sigmon_whitener,

Can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of your Roon logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Noris, Sorry. I do not use dropbox. I tried replying to your email, but it was rejected. Any other way to send files? I replied to Rebeka and attached files. Can you get them from Rebeka?
Thank you
Sigmon

1 Like

Hi @sigmon_whitener,

Thanks for sending those files over to Rebeka! Yes, I can confirm she forwarded me those logs and I think I see something interesting in them.

It looks like Right after Roon performed analysis on a file in particular that this issue started occurring, I will send you the file nave as a private message (green “1” notification on this forum on top right corner).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.