Roon crashes - Windows 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1. Core All-in-one” roon installation
  2. PC (Core) Intel NUC i5-3427U - Only roon runs on it.
  3. Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042
  4. System info x64-based PC
  5. Roon build number - 1.7 (build 710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1. Network Provider: - Verizon FiOs
  2. Router or Gear: - Model.Fios-G1100
  3. Runs both WIFI/Ethernet
    **Audio Devices:
  4. DAC - Resolution Audio, Cantata Music Center. By the way this is not on your device list - Please add whenever convenient. Great Dac.
  5. Core - PC - Intel NUC as described above. No other programs runs on it except Norton Anti-Virus, that is been on it since the initial installation of roon.
  6. Connection Type: - USB only

Description Of Issue
I’ve never had any problem with roon ever since I installed it at least 2yrs or more ago. After a windows update last month, roon now doesn’t load anything then, crashes after about a minute of launching and incase it hangs on a little bit my album covers stays gray, nothing loads.

I’ve totally installed roon 2x, thinking that will resolve the problem but, stays the same. It just doesn’t work.

Help needed during these Holidays - Thank You

Try going to the Intel site for graphics drivers as windows update often overwrites them.

1 Like

Hi @Koby_Koranteng,

As Ged mentioned, definitely try uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them from the manufacturer’s site. We’ve seen Windows updates cause issues with this and often reinstalling them will resolve things.

If you’re still seeing issues after this, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. Thanks!

Thank you ged/Dylan for the rapid response. It’s late, I will definitely do that later today and will update you all

Thank you very much

Hello Ged/Dylan - the reinstallation of the Graphic driver corrected my problem. Thank you both. Merry Christmas.

And to you. Hopefully you won’t have any more problems but if you do come straight back to the forum for help.

Awesome - Will do

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.