Roon Crashing Everyday.

MacBook Pro 14" Roon Core Machine
macOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115)
Apple M1 Pro
Memory 16 GB

Linksys MR9600 Series. WOW internet provider.

My Roon Core on my Mac crashes consistently since the last software update. I play on my computer or into my Hugo TT DAC/headphone amp via USB, using HQPlayer.

I stream qobus high res files.

The crashing occurs when I am not playing, so I am not able to play my other devices, like phone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mojo Poly when I want.

Myself and others had some issues with Roon on their Macs after the latest update.
It may be related to your Macs power settings.
There’s more information in this thread.

Roon Support: Will the next software update address Mac OS crash concerns? When will the next software update be available?

Hey @Adam_Vahratian,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into issues on the newest roon build? Does your core crash if HQ Player is disabled?

If so, please take note of the date and time the next time your core crashes, and share it here.

From there, we’ll enable diagnostics to take a closer look into your account.

Thanks!

I am still having crashing issues. Today at 9:00pm was the last issue…

Hey @Adam_Vahratian,

I wanted to check in on the above to better eliminate potential causes. Let me know if you still experience crashing with HQ player disabled.

With that, we’re also not able to connect to your core to enable diagnostics. Because of this, we’ll need to grab a set of manual logs from your core to take a closer look. Please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

In the meantime, I’d be curious to see if the issue continues to occur on a fresh database. See steps below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

So far the system has not crashed since I disabled and taken off HQ Player. Is there a work around so HQ player does not crash Roon on a Mac? This feature is important to me.

Hey @Adam_Vahratian,

I would first take a look to make sure your HQ Player’s drivers (as well as your system audio drivers) are up to date.

We’re still not able to enable diagnostics on your account to take a closer look. With that, we’ll need a set of manual logs, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.