Roon crashing on Android 10 (Fixed in Build 433)

Android 10 released today! Is Roon working yet, can anyone confirm? Don’t want to have to factory reset my phone to go back to Pie again.

We’ve fixed the issues related to Android Q, but the fixes will go live with our next release and I don’t have a firm time frame for that quite yet.

Once the next version of Roon goes live, everything should work but for now you may want to hold off on taking the Q update.

1 Like

Too late. Updating as we speak. I haven’t got a Pixel 3 to postpone Android updates. :wink:

Just have to live without Roon for a while or use my Chromebook when i really want to.

But it is good to read that the issues have been solved and hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for the next update.

1 Like

Thanks for update, glad it was worked out. I’ll keep an eye out for the update.

1 Like

Roon app broken for me on Pixel 2 running Q/10. I shouldn’t have to wait to update my phone because of Roon being slow on android updates, especially for a premium paid service. I do hope the android 10 update for Roon is pushed out soon, this is a bit of a bummer.

I agree! Just a “bit” of a bummer. Hoping new release is chock full of Roon pleasure.

Yes definitely unfortunate. My Pixel 2 has been in the beta since the launch (I need that to test an app I’ve been working on) and I hoped that the release would also bring a new roon. My OnePlus is still on the previous release and I guess will stay there until roon is ready.

I see this topic started a few months ago.

my Android phone was just updated to Q and the Roon remote app does not go past the Roon logo…

Just received update to Android 10 for Pixel 3a XL as well as old Pixel 2 XL. Roon won’t open at all. Need an update STAT

1 Like

Hey folks – we discussed this and we’re going to try to get the fix out soon, since we have some more work to do on our next release before it ships.

Can’t make any promises, but I am going to try – sit tight everyone!

2 Likes

Ok, update has been submitted to the Play Store :tada:

cc: @Rdg @Travis_Longwell @Graham_Irvine @Mark_Sherman @Bruce_Segal @Jorge_L_Cintron @Steven_Rosen

4 Likes

16 hours. Impressive. Well done.

1 Like

You guys Rock!!

Great news. Now you got me checking the play store for updates multiple times a Day :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for releasing the fix early. Great work.

Thanks a lot!

The Room update showed up for me, thanks! Now for my phone update.

1 Like

Installed update on Android 10, Pixel 3xl. All good working beautifully! Many thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the quick turnaround, impressive indeed. I installed the update on my Pixel 2 but now the App won’t find my core. I reinstalled it on my phone again but still no joy. All other android devices (not on 10) are connected to the core just fine. Any tips to force the phone to find my core? Core is running on a NUC with network cabling to my router. Never had this much trouble connecting from my phone before. Thanks

Edit

Ok belay that request, I found out how to direct it to the IP address of my Core, seems to be back up and running now. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.