Roon Crashing on Mac Client & Server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOs 10.15.2 (19C57) MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014) And Mac Pro (Late 2013) Last Roon build (no access to this number as it crashes …)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Huawei Echolife
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Vinnie Rossi LIO USB

Description Of Issue

After trying to access an artist directly from the queue list, a crash. As well on the server as the client … then no possibility to run Roon software, quasi instant crash after a launch …

Thanks for your help
Serge

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Can I please request that you send us a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? Please send both the Roon Core and the Roon Remote logs, both should be in similar Roon folders on their respective machines.

The best way to get the logs over would be via Dropbox / Google Drive but if you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Thanks

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Thank you for sending those logs over, I have requested QA take a look over them. In the meantime, can you please confirm if you have any backups of your database prior to this issue starting?

I did backups, but where are they ?
I don’t really mind on my database, honestly. I’m in mind what I like, I’ll only lose a few statistics.Don’t worry about that.
It’s around midnight in Switzerland and I’ll leave my computer for a bed.
Thanks for all.

It’s working again.
But I’m ready to investigate with you in case of interest
thanks for all
Serge

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Thanks for the update.
What did you change to get it back working?
Did you re-install Roon?

Hi Noris,

I didn’t change anything, just wait.

Thanks for all
PS I can try to reproduce the bug, as I had it twice once for the client and once on the server

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Yes, if you can reproduce this behavior we would be interested in isolating the causing variable for QA purposes. I spoke to QA regarding your report and they have kindly requested the following information:

1. Did Roon crash when accessing any artist details page or did it crash only when accessing a particular artist?

2. If the issue is reproducible, can you please let us know the names of the artists which are affected by this issue?

Roon crashed when accessing Jacques Loussier !
But I haven’t had any problems of that nature since then. Nor any other!
Thank you for everything.
Serge
PS I just discovered Radio Live!

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Thanks for letting me know the artist name. I have tried to open this artist on my end and I’m not seeing this same behavior. Are you still able to reproduce this issue even at the present time by navigating to Jacques Loussier?

no, I can’t reproduce the behaviour
even when I click on the very same link on Jan 14 of the Queue.

Well sorry, a transient bug is very irritating, isn’t it !

Hi @Serge_Rochat,

Since you are not able to reproduce anymore and we can’t reproduce on our end, not much more can be done in the meantime. If you experience this issue again, please let me know.

I will,
thanks for your help and support,
Serge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.