|Installed RAM|64.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

About 6000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon is very reliably crashing PC every time I open Roon. Has happened when playing from Tidal. Playing from Library. Just open Roon, don’t start any playback. Have started with Tidal running in background and crashes. Have started Roon with Tidal not running and crashes.

I am just doing a trial but cannot fathom continuing unless Roon can run stable without crashing machine. Very frustrating.

I’ve run Roon with Win10 and 11 and never had it crash in about five years. I think some people have encountered problems with Win11 but I thought it had been fixed. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but the support staff are on holiday so be patient. They should be able to help shortly.

Hi @Dan_Lewis,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response.

Are you getting a crash report from Windows or is the software just closing? If you get the report, can you please share it?

I would like to take a look at diagnostics from your core and see if there is anything in particular that may be causing the crash. Can you please power it on and launch Roon? My request for the diagnostics should hit when you do and I should receive the logging.

There are some things I can have you try before we start a back-and-forth too and I will list them below:

1. Let’s clear Roon’s cache
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs
  1. Let’s clean up your library. Go to Roon>Settings>library and click clean up library. This removes files in invalid storage locations and cleans up your databases.

2. Let’s clean up the image cache. Go to Roon>settings>setup and click clear cache.

When you go back into Roon it’s going to take some time to make some changes so give it some patience. After things have finished analyzing etc, try to reproduce the behavior. We’ll likely have some logs to look at when you report back and we can see what we need to do from there.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.