Roon crashing when adding hard drives

Hello @Peter_arnold,

I did not notice any traces to Volume A in the diagnostics, it was just primarily due to Volume B burn folders. I am not sure how keen you are on adding these at the end of the day but if you would like to give it a try, you can make a Backup of your current Roon database and try adding them from the Volume A drive.

If things are still stable and you’re certain that both of these drives have identical music libraries on them I would possibly run a disk check on Volume B to see if there are any bad sectors located on it. Do let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Noris

i added nearly everything from Volume A and volume B. it were not the Volumes that caused issues . i ran scandisc on both with no problems . the same files on A and B caused the Problems. i have seperated them. now everything is working stable with all my Music added and the Streaming Services. thank you very much for your patience . shall i post the problematic Music Folders on drop box ?

Hi @Peter_Arnold,

Thanks for letting me know that the issue is resolved without the problematic files! Yes, I would like to ask QA to take a look at the files, so if you can upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive and then private message me a link that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Noris

i dont know which of These files exactly caused the Problems-so this are the whole cds. What do you mean with private message you? do you want the dropbox link to a different adress? i have another Problem: i am using a really old Network streamer-a Project stream box ds.it works with tidal qobuz very well. roon does not recognize this device .i would like to use it as an Output. jriver MC 24 and bubble Upnp have no Problem with the stream box. do you have some advice About that? https://www.dropbox.com/s/02pupwcf4lc9t7i/CD5.zip?dl=0 box.

Hi @Peter_Arnold,

Thanks for sending those media files over, I have asked QA to take a look over them to see if they can identify any problematic ones. For you streamer question, what is the exact model of the box?

For Roon to see Ethernet based endpoints, they would have to be certified as Roon Ready. If the box is not Roon Ready and you would like to use it as a network endpoint you might be interested in having another Ethernet based Roon Bridge and then connecting the network streamer via USB to the Roon Bridge.

Common Ethernet based Roon Bridges include Allo USBridge and Sonore Ultra/MicroRendu so I would suggesting a look in that area if the network streamer you have is not Roon Ready.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.