Roon crashing with NVIDIA OpenGL error on SufaceBook [Resolved]

I am trialing Roon and would like to use my SurfaceBook 4 as a remote but keep having it crash on me at various times when browsing the library.

Here is the error details:

Here are the system specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Model: Surface Book
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2607 Mhz
BIOS Version: Microsoft Corporation 90.1427.768, 12/19/2016
Total Physical Memory: 8,118 MB

If you would like a DXDIAG, just let me know.

Thanks,
Reid

Well, I would update the NVidia drivers and see if that corrects the issue.
OR, you can go into settings and tell the surfacebook to use the integrated graphics instead of the nvidia interface for Roon; that might solve the issue.

1 Like

Thanks, Daniel–I will check for an updated driver and, should that fail to resolve it, will just use the application-specific setting.

Hi @Reid ----- Saw your posts and wanted to touch base with you to see if any progress was made here based on the advice given by Daniel (@Rugby :thumbsup:). Let me know and if further assistance is required I will be glad to lend a hand.

Thanks!
-Eric

Hey Eric,

After a crash last night took down the Surface Book, I decided to just use another remote for the evening. Today, I did find that there was a driver update available for my Nvidia GPU and installed it. At first, I thought it seemed to help but, alas, it just took longer before the application crashed.

I just set Roon to use the integrated graphics and will see if that helps. While I would prefer to use the Surface Book, I can also use a tablet as a remote, if need be. I was really more reporting the problem in case y’all wanted to take a look at it. (I do support for a software company and know that sometimes it is good to get ahead of these things but it could be that mine is an isolated case; in which case, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.)

Thanks!
Reid

1 Like

Hey Eric,

It looks like running it using the Intel graphics driver is helping. It should have crashed by now and hasn’t.

Thanks again to @Rugby and, of course, to you as well.

–Reid

1 Like

Hi @Reid ---- Thank you for the feedback and sharing your observations with us. I am glad to hear the update has helped. If anything else comes up, just drop support a flag and we’ll be glad to help.

Happy listening!
-Eric