Roon cutting out after ten seconds and then restarts

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus+ /OS Version 1.0 (build 159), Server Version 1.6 (build 401), Labs Software 1.0 (build 9)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hardwired into Fortinet server

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian MC200 over Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Tracks (either imported or Tidal both local or downloaded) start and then after about 8/9 second they grind to a halt. The progress bar continues merrily on its way but no sound. Dragging the progress bar restarts the sound at the new point but then the same problem. If the progress bar runs into the next track the silence continues. Please help.

Hi @Chris_Townsend,

So we can better assist you, please update your post above to include all of the template information. Thanks!

Sorry - the interface for reporting is very unintuitive. Details now inserted

Hi @Chris_Townsend,

Has this worked for you previously or have you always experienced this issue?

Does this only happen when playing to the MC200? If you play to System Output of a remote does that work?

It has previously worked fine and the Nucleus works with the two other MC200 and a 818v3. I am not sure what you mean by playing to a system output of a remote though. Doesn’t the remote (ie iPad or desktop Roon) just tell the endpoint what to play?

Hi @Chris_Townsend,

Thanks for confirming that things work with other endpoints.

For the device that is experiencing this issue — Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to it?

Since the other MC200s are working, can you confirm whether or not there is any difference in how this device is connected to the network?

Are you able to play to this device okay outside of Roon?

Hmm - mystery deepens… I switched to use Control:Mac to see if the MC200 would work with that and it all appeared fine. I then switched back to Roon and reenabled the audio zone. Starting to play a track to check the signal path and it all now appears to work fine. Does reenabling the zone work as a sort of reset?

I attach the screen shots though for thoroughness.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @Chris_Townsend,

It could have been that there was a connection issue to that Zone and the resetting it in Roon fixed that. Are things continuing to work for you now?

Things do appear to still be working but it would be good to know what caused the problem so that it doesn’t happen again. Any way of finding out?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.