Roon delay starting tracks on Tidal

Tracking notes/times on issues new install:

1. 8:43pm ET 12/24 - tracks skipped after 10 seconds to next track - Peggy Lee - I like a sleigh ride - Tidal
  2. 12/25 ~11am ET-noon ET - After playing Ray Bryant - Alone at Montreux, Roon Radio did not start playing; at conclusion of album it just stopped, despite settings being correct to start playing
  3. 12/25 3:49pm - playing Rough Guide to desert blues from local AAC file, 1st track plays for a second then skips to second track
  4. 12/26 10:46am - playing Lyle Lovett / Pontiac. First time I played it, got 10 seconds into If I Had a Boat, and it skipped to the next track. Went back and it played fine.
  5. 12/26 10:59am ET - Again got track skip a few seconds into 13th floor elevators, Slip Inside This House (on Tidal), went back to that track and it played fine
  6. 12/26 11:10am ET - Again got a Tidal track skip, this time repeated - Alan Lomax’s World Library of Folk & Primitive Music: France on track 1, Briolee, got 1 second in and it skipped. Went back to that track, and I didn’t even hear anything before it skipped. Went back again and it played fine.
  7. 1/3 10:45am - multiple times tried to play Dexter Gordon / Go! from a local file; first two times I tried to play it, it got a few seconds into the first track (Cheese Cake) and it skipped to the second track. Finally got it to play all the way through.

Hi @support @noris I’m still experiencing this, a week after switching to the new “lighter” database.

Wondering if someone could look at my logs while I have the data available and these instances handy, especially since it seems to happen on both local and Tidal files. Am happy to zip up and send through.

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,

Thanks for testing the lighter database further!

Yes, this sounds like a good next step. Can you please use these instructions to send me a set of the Roon Core logs you used for the above test?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Hi-

Interestingly, after running very stably for a while, I unintentionally added back the MP3 content (I moved my music from a NAS to a USB drive attached to my ROCK, and just monitored the top-level vs. sub folders), and lo and behold the pre-track delay is back. I’ll do some pruning / elimination of my MP3s, and see if the problem persists or if I have to rebuild library again to get out of the pause-i-ness.

For tracking purposes, an example is playing Sweeney Todd around 11:15ET on 1/24. I’m not going to wrap up the logs and send them yet but continue to experiment and see if I can understand what’s going on on my own.

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,

Thanks for the further testing here, once you are ready to continue troubleshooting please let me know and provide logs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.