Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Ethernet → AmplifiHD router → 100Gb Fiber

Connected Audio Devices

Roon end point → Chord Poly/Mojo

Number of Tracks in Library

roughly 10000 tracks in library
but mainly use Qobuz

Description of Issue

I run Roon Server as a service and then use Roon Desktop app or Roon app on iPhone to control.
At launch of the Windows Roon App, it just hangs and shows “not responding”.
At the same time, I can use the iPhone Roon app to control the server and to play music on the Poly, so it seems unrelated to the server and isolated to the desktop app.
If I uninstall the desktop app and reinstall, it then works fine again. For a while. as this has happened around 10 times over the last 3 months.

Looking at Task Manager - I can see that while it’s not responding it’s using roughly 10% cpu continuously and 130Mb memory with no disk, network or gpu usage. Power however, is very high (presumably due to the cpu).

Happy to provide any logs or further screenshots when it happens again (I have just uninstalled / reinstalled, so it is working fine again now).

Hi @Gareth_T,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team; we’ve been working diligently through an uptick in support requests related to the recent Roon 2.0 launch.

How has Roon been performing on the Windows 11 client (Roon Remote) since upgrading to Roon 2.0?
We’ve attempted to pull diagnostics from your RoonServer device and Windows Roon Remote, but both units appear to be offline. Please let us know if your issue is recurring, and we’d be happy to request another log pull or provide simple instructions for sending them manually.

On another note, we do have a fix for a known hanging and freezing issue affecting Windows 11 Remotes. The fix should be rolled out with the upcoming regularly cycled Roon build release this week; you can find updates in our #roon:software-release-notes section shortly, or see the main tracking thread for the issue here: Roon keeps freezing and crashing on Windows (mostly when resuming from minimized) [Roon Investigating, Partial Workaround Available]

If you’re still experiencing problems, I recommend upgrading to the upcoming build across your devices. We’ll be standing by to investigate logs.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.