Roon Discover not loading

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear cable modem, Eero pro wifi
Using wifi currently for core, remotes, players

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos and direct to phone/computer as player but not relevant here since it won’t load discover…playback works fine otherwise

Description Of Issue

Got started with Roon a week or so ago with a small green computer as the core. Worked fine at first but in the last 2 days each device I use as a player has been unable to load Discover. The logo just endlessly ‘spins’ and never loads. Library, radio and other playback features seem to load just fine, I just can’t load Discover on pixel4 phone, pixel book or MacBook Air, all of which have player software/app loaded. all work fine to play music directly or as a remote to Sonos. Just can’t see Discover features. It worked initially but then this issue came up. Rebooted the core which didn’t help.

Thanks, DDD

Hi @Derek_DuBois,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see when this occurs?

Are you unable to load Discover even after waiting a few minutes or does it never load at all?

Is there any change in behavior if you try temporarily plugging in via Ethernet?

Hi Noris,
Here are screenshots from phone (pixel4) and chromebook (pixelbook).
The logo just ‘spins’ (well looks like an equalizer but moves) forever. Never loads the output of Discover.

I tried plugging the roon server directly into internet.
But on both pixelbook and phone the same result…indefinite logo/no Discover.

As a side note, when I plugged the core ethernet directly into the cable modem/router the players on the wifi network could not be found (IP mismatch vs. wifi i am guessing?) so plugged the core ethernet into the back of one of the Eero wifi units which is hardwired to that modem and has a second ethernet connection for other devices. Then players were recognized on remote. But Discover still failed with same result.

All other music finding functions (albums, artists, radio, etc) work fine, just Discover bombs out.

If it matters this from the core control panel…
Roon Server Version: 1.7 (build 610) stable

Thanks for your help! Love the rest but pretty frustrating not to be able to use Discover

Thanks, DDD

Norris, no idea what changed but Discover has now started working.
I assume that Eero network likes everything wired downstream of it…but that didn’t work right away…it just started working a day or two later…hmmm
Anyways, working now. Thx

1 Like

Hi @Derek_DuBois,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue resolved itself! If you notice it re-occur, please just let us know and we can take another look. Hope you have an enjoyable Roon experience!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.