Roon Display - not able to get this feature working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 64bit / Roon 1.7 (Build 555) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cisco GBe and 802.11ac MIMO

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not an audio issue

Description Of Issue

I’ve not been able to get anything other the basic black background “Roon” grey text home page when using the display link on a non-remote device.
I have tried on client devices without the Roon software:
Chome on Android6 mobile device
Chrome on Windows10 laptop device
Edge on Windows10 different Laptop device

Nothing ever appears in settings / display page under Displays.

Please advise.

After you have gotten that screen. Go to the bottom menu via the volume button, like so
display1

Open it and click on the display icon. When you do, you will get this…

display2

Click Display Now. The drop-down on the bottom allows you to set the default.

Note, this has to be done per output zone. Different Zones can have different display outputs.

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve looked for that icon but I just don’t have it.
I must be missing something obvious.

Well, I suggest starting from the beginning and getting it to work with the computer not the phone first. Then when it is working with the computer, try the phone.

1. Go to Settings/ Displays click “copy link”
  2. Open Firefox or Chrome on the computer and paste in the link. It should open to that basic greyish Roon screen.
  3. Go to the settings and see if the Display Icon is there. (That Icon only displays if Roon senses a web page connecting to it. Note some browsers may have issues.)

or

Go to the Settings/ Displays screen and if Roon is registering the connected web page it will display it there with additional options to rename the screen device, show or not show lyrics.

Thanks again.

I have a Win 64bit PC (SERVER) running a standalone Core build.
I am running the Roon client application on a Win10 PC (CLIENT) where I am playing music.
I am then using another Win10 PC (DISPLAY) to launch the display using the URL from the Settings page on the CLIENT.
I am able to get the grey Roon webpage on the DISPLAY PC on Edge, IE and Chrome browsers.
I then check the CLIENT PC settings displays tab and the Speaker icon for the display icon.
Nothing I’m afraid.

I assume we are okay with the network as we have the webpage being returned.
Does it need more than the 9100 port to work? I’m not restricting anything on the local network but there might be a local firewall setting on the CORE server?

Thank you for your help.

I logged into the Core SERVER and rebooted it. It looked like there might have been a couple of silent updates since I last logged in a couple of days ago.
I’ve tested again and it is working on Edge and Chrome, including Chrome on the Android6 but not Internet Explorer.
Sorry to trouble you. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.