Roon display on TV problems

Hi,
Just bought a new laptop (Lenovo ideapad 330S). Using Airplay to stream to my music streamer (no problems). On my previous laptop I was able to (and still can) display artist pictures/lyrics on TV via chromecast. When I selected the ‘display’ On my new settings I have everything set up as my old laptop, but when I select ‘display’ I see the ‘Roon’ logo on the TV with a spinning circle below it and it spins and spins but doesn’t show anything else. On the old laptop the Roon logo would show briefly until the artist details popped up. Any pointers anoyne?

Thanks

Pete.

Hi @Peter_Jones,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. Is there any difference at all in how the two laptops are connected to the network?

Do you have any active antivirus or firewall on the new laptop? Does disabling it yield any changes?

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. I turned McAfee off and it is working fine now. It came bundled with my laptop. With my old laptop I’d uninstalled and was using a different firewall.

Pete

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.