Roon Display times out to screensaver on Google Chromecast TV [Fixed in Roon build 1272]

Hey @David_Dodson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and workaround! We have an existing ticket we’re monitoring, and we’ll add this information to it. We appreciate it :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini (2018)
macOS Monterey
3,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
32GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Gigabit Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

ropieee (RAAT) to USB DAC to Receiver
Display to Nvidia Shield Pro (2019)

Number of Tracks in Library

44,000 tracks

Description of Issue

When I use my Nvidia Shield as a Display for Roon, everything displays fine until the screen saver of the Shield kicks in.

I have seen the standard reply to other threads about disabling the screen saver on the Shield/Chromecast, but to me that is not an acceptable solution as that is a system wide change and permanently disables the screen saver for the complete device and all it’s apps.

There is even dynamic info (time elapsed and the sound analysis progress bar) on the screen, I don’t know why Roon cannot keep the screen alive?

Any progress update from Roon’s side or a better solution than what has been suggested here on the forums appreciated.

Hey @foxmoon,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Thank you for providing the additional information here. I can confirm that this is a bug, and that our dev team is currently working on a fix. I can’t yet speak on a specific timeline for when a solution will be released, but I will certainly keep you in the loop as things progress :+1:

-Ben

No worries. Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it is in progress.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Win 11 HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-004 4cpu 64GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FIOS supplied gear on WIFI

Connected Audio Devices

Hisense - 55" Class U6G Series Quantum ULED 4K UHD Smart Android TV

Model:55U6G

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

While chromecasting Roon the TV turns off after a couple of songs

Usually the problem is the Chromecast screensaver and the fix is in this thread

If the TV is actually turning off, that’s weirder. Do you still have a Chromecast signal in the TV when this happens? Sounds like a TV issue to me, some powersaving setting?

Hello @John_O_Connor ,

What model Chromecast are you using and what is the firmware version? Do you have the model with the TV remote, Ultra, Original, or Built-in TV version? You can find information about firmware in the Google Home app → Device → Settings menu → bottom of the screen.

I have exactly this issue …did it get resolved ?

Hi @Simon_Dewar ,

Which model Chromecast are you using? Does your Chromecast go to the screensaver mode or does the TV turn off?

Hello All,

We have recently released Roon build 1272 which contains improvements in this area:

If you were previously seeing this behavior occur on your end, can you confirm if the issue has been fully solved for you after updating to Roon build 1272 or later? Thanks!

3 Likes

Working well on my Sony Bravia, also on another generic android TV and a couple of chromecasts.

Thanks and well done… nice to have them working again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am thrilled this is working with my Chromecast. It has never worked, it always went to the screensaver.

l played the full album no screensaver. w00t w00t!

I wanted to be positive where possible too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have also been displaying this in my man cave for the last week. Great to have reliability with feature this again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.