Roon Docker Server won't start

Hi @mikela,

Can you share a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing?

Here you go:

I have figured out how to delete the .restore_old folder. I will try this out in the near future.

Well once again my Roon system is down. I got an update notice while using Roon. The following day it must have updated. There apparently is no way to prevent updates if using an iPad. So I reninstalled the Roon app on the iPad and hit the backup button on the login page. It said it was installing the update that I selected which was less than a week old. Once the update was complete, Roon failed to connect. The Roon Server on my unRaid server is not starting again. This will be about the 4th time I am starting from scratch.

mikela log zip

Hi @mikela,

Were you able to try deleting the .restore_old folder folder? Does that help here? It looks like, based on the logs you sent over, this remains to be the issue.

OK, I am going to try this again. Just to be clear, do I start out with a fresh install of Roon on my iPad? If so would I then use the “restore from previous backup” button on the log in screen of my iPad? Or do I just perform a restore backup with my current install?

Hi Dylan,

Please see above message. I have labeled my RoonServer folder “Roonserver_old”. Before proceeding, do I need to reinstall the iPad “Roon Remote” and use the restore backup button on the login page or do I just continue using “Roon Remote” and navigate to the restore backup in settings?

Mike

Hi @mikela,

You do not need to reinstall the remote for this to work, the current install will work for this.

1 Like

OK, just tried this and Roon Server will not start. I am rebooting the unRaid server to see if that changes anything.

Edit: It did not.

Hi @mikela,

Can you send us logs from after this change?

The logs have not changed and are the same as previously sent.

It seems that I am not the only unRaid user with this problem. It also seems there may be a workaround to solve this as posted here.

hey @mikela that post isn’t really a solution or work around. I had run into some issues with the Docker a ways back there, and switched over to an Ubuntu based VM (this is all on unRaid). That worked, and updated swimmingly, for a week or so. Then I took another hack at the regular ol’ Docker that @Steef_de_Bruijn made, and it worked - and updated still worked. I wasn’t sure if there was some special-sauce in the update steps or whatever, so I just posted the whole process just in case. Let us know how it goes!

Hi Dylan,

I have tried the process you described earlier with no success. So, I recently followed the exact same process as @Rutherford to restore a backup and got the following error.

He and I are running the same docker-server with the same settings and his restored properly. Mine finishes the resore and then says it is connecting to the roon docker-server. Within about a second, the “Find my Roon Core” screen comes up and does not change. Drew’s also changes to the “Find my Roon Core” screen but then shows the connect screen again. Not sure what is going on.

Hi @mikela,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.