Roon does not allow me to play one file on my Sata drive

Roon Core Machine

Dell XPS Windows 10 Computer with 16GB ram using wifi connection

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus AC 1900 Dual Band Router connects to Wavedream Net with ethernet cable. to computer by wifi.

Connected Audio Devices

Wavedream net connected to Wavelight DAC by IS2 cable.

Number of Tracks in Library

The sata file is 1TB and contains about 10,000 tracks.

Description of Issue

I recently dowloaded the files for Bis 2119. When I loaded the cd in Roon, the first track does not appear on the list of tracks. I do not know how to play this track in Roon. I can play this track from the Sata drive on my computer speakers using Foobar 2000. So the track is definitely on the sata drive and is not corrupted. I wonder if the problem is an error in Roon’s database for this CD.

Have you tried editing the CD files and putting them through the identify process?

I don’t know anything about the identity process. I looked on the roon page but didn’t find any information where I looked.

Can you give us the full name of the album in question? I am not familiar with “Bis 2119” and Google and Tidal do not see it.

Some ideas to check:
Did you do a search for the track in Roon search, did it get split off into it’s own album?
Did you check the file name for any un-supported characters?
Can to look in the Skipped files area in settings/library and se if it is there?

Also read the Notes on the skipped files page, there are links to more information.

If you long press on the album then click the three dots and select “edit” you get this:

You can also have Roon re-identify" the album (scroll down on the first screen).
You can also dig through the details on the other tabs to see if you see the track.

Thanks for your information. I found that the track was on the left side, but not on the right side. So Roon knows about the track. I decided that maybe something went wrong when I downloaded the file. So I replaced the files and now Roon finds all the tracks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.