no VPN
Using a Mac

Connected Audio Devices

Luxman D-10X SACD player DAC
USB from Nucleus Plus to Luxman

Number of Tracks in Library

Tracks 57,500

Description of Issue

Started a week ago with update. first could not find server. I had to reset, unplug multiple times before Roon could make a connection. Now that I have a connection Roon only sees the devices connected via wifi, and does not see or recognize my DAC. iPad running 2.0 build 1271, Nucleus Plus 2.0 build 1272

I have tried restarting both Luxman and Nucleus, restoring my Luxman settings, unplugging and replugging all connections and Roon will not connect to my DAC.

Any advies would be great.

First thing is to try the obvious. Try a different USB cable. I don’t remember if the Nucleus has more than one USB port. If so, try a different port. Try a different DAC. Your network shouldn’t have anything to do with the connection from the Nucleus to the Luxman.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m using a good Nordost USB, so I’m not sure if that would be the issue or not. I’ve always had issues with Roon and handshakes, but they usually were easy to fix. Since the last update I have not been able to connect the Nucleus to my Luxman with USB at all.

Then there is something off with cable or luxmans
USB implementation. Never had a USB issue with any device with Roon on Mac, Linux windows or Rock.

Regardless of cost of the cable, they can still fail or be problematic.
Have you got another one to try, like a simple basic one for test.
Or can borrow one to at least eliminate this area.

This is the most basic troubleshooting step though. Swapping in a real, known to work USB cable can quickly exclude a number of potential issues. Or maybe find the issue.

Sorry for my late response but I’ve been traveling for work. I have tried the options above, and switching the USB did nothing.

I’ve had these issues off and on with Roon for a few years and am frustrated. Looking now for alternatives, so much for my lifetime subscription.

I’ve hooked up a coax connection with my Lux and Sonos, which sounds horrible, but even that doesn’t work very well.

If I play a shuffled mix, Roon drops put, skips songs consistently and is not very stable. If I play an album, this works better. Same thing with my Sonos connection with Roon in my kitchen.

Can you temporarily locate the MacBook next to the Luxman, and connect the Luxman to Mac using USB. For the test, Wi-Fi should be fine.

Does the Luxman show in Roon now?

Incidentally, if you have a VPN on the Mac, turn this off when testing.

Hey @David_Evans1,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having playback issues with your Nucleus. If possible, could you please recreate the issue and take note of the date, time, and name of the track playing?

From there, we’ll be able to pin down more information from your core diagnostic at that given time.

I’d also refresh your RAATServer as well. You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.