Roon does not recognise Streamers (connected by ethernet) anymore

It simply means the unit has two ethernet ports instead of the usual single one. And the advantage is that this can save you the need for an additional switch to connect your streamer.

I’ll just add that my Linn dealer, who before becoming an audio pro had worked decades on digital communications, is quite firm about connecting Linn DSMs in a star configuration with the server and the router using a simple switch as the hub of the star. It just works.

Linn cropped

The Linn support pointed me at: Settings → Setup
There should be a subnet for Linn streaming.
After correcting the data for the subnet, the device immediately popped up in Audio Devices. Don‘t know why this data got erased, it was for months entered and saved.
At least one Problem solved.
Now still looking for connecting the MSB The Analog streaming DAC to ROON successfully (located in another Room, same Router). It has the V1 of the Network-Renderer Module. This is Roon compatible as well, I hope?
V2 being the actual model with added MQA support (which I don‘t need). The Roon knowledge database does not distinct those modules.

1 Like

Hey @Dan_Rosen

Thank you for getting in touch with your account details so I could take a look at your diagnostics. Additionally, I’m happy to hear that the Linn is back online.

How is the MSB connected to your Network? I see you’ve mentioned a direct ethernet connection. Can you walk us through that connection path? My apologies if you have and I missed it when scanning the thread.

Have you tried switching the MSB device to wi-fi as a test? Please give that a try. I’ll be watching for your response. Thanks!

@jamie
The unit is working via USB with Roon, but it has no Wifi.
It did work via ethernet when the music server was set to UPnP.

If the V1 Network Renderer module is not yet „roon ready“, only the second generation, then we can stop support cos it will not sort out with my V1 (unless upgrading the hardware or using an external transport/bridge which is Roon ready).

I think v2 only.

Hey @Dan_Rosen,

I just checked with our hardware expert and can confirm that only V2 is Roon Ready. My apologies for any disappointment. :confused:

1 Like

I expected that so no big deal. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.