Roon does not recognize tracks and album [Solved, Cue Files]

Sorry for my spelling!

I just bought one year license for Roon unfortunately there are many problems recognizing albums and tracks.

I use JRiver and there are no problems, I do not know anything about the PC etc., how JRiver works I do not know but it can recognize music without metadata like Sounddog maybe, but anyway ill keep up with JRiver.

Hi @jens_Hansen ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. May I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. A screenshot of an album you are noticing this issue with as seen in the example below:

1. A screen shot of your music library’s folder structure as seen in the example below:

Moving forward…
I have provided you some documentation from our knowledgeBase on why you maybe experiencing the behavior with your musical content when using Roon. Give it a look and let me know if you need clarification on anything :sunglasses:

1. An album was misidentified or is shown as “Unidentified”. How do I fix it?

2. Why didn’t Roon find any metadata for my album?

-Eric

Hello Eric
It is among other album this Elo album Roon doesn’t recognize the tracks and how can i fix that,but somehow Jriver find the tracks
i also have some other albums etc. a Dali mix cd1, it doesn´t show up at all.

Hi @jens_Hansen ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested screenshots. Are you able to send me a copy of this album in a PM via a dropbox download link? I’d like to test with your media in house to determine what may be going on here.

-Eric

Roon does not use cue files. It looks like Out of the Blue is ripped as one file and you have .cue to split the album.

Hi @Rugby ----- Thank you for the catch, I must have missed that in the screenshot :dizzy_face: @jens_Hansen , upon opening up the content you provided me I am noticing that Out Of The Blue is indeed ripped as a single file. As Daniel has mentioned Roon can not use .cue files.

-Eric

Hi Eric and Rugby, I didn’t know anything about cue files, I will catch up on it, and see what I can do
thanks and Happy New year :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you use Windows, Foobar 2000 should be able to split the flac file by cue. There are many different programs out there try searching for Cue Splitter.

1 Like

i tried Xrecode3 it seems that it Work fine now Thanks

2 Likes