Roon does not see devices directly connected to Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus OS 1.0 build 175 stable. Roon Server 1.6 build 416 stable Roon Labs 1.0 build 11 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mostly wired ethernet over Cat 6 cables and two 24 port Ubiquiti Unifi switches, one with POE and the other without.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Marantz 8801 Processor into a Marantz power amp, B&W speakers. Input is HDMI from the Nucleus

Two Audioquest Red Dragonflys into a NAD CI940 over USB directly from the Nucleus

Two Hi-Fi berrys, one driving an older AV receiver and the other driving a B&W soundbar. Both running over wired ethernet.

Three Bluesound devices, a Powernode 2i running over wired ethernet, a PulseFlex 2i over wi-fi and a Pulse Mini, also over wi-fi.

Description Of Issue

Roon does not see the endpoints connected directly to the Nucleus server. This would be the Marantz over HDMI and the the two Dragonfly endpoints – over USB-- that input into the NAD.

Roon does see the ethernet connected devices.

Moved this to nucleus support.

Are the usb devices on a hub or direct connected to the USB ports? What dragonfly models are you using?

Roon will probably only see the avr on Hdmi if the unit is on.

Hi @Timothy_Good,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you go to Settings > Audio?

The USB devices are directly connected to the Nucleus. Roon doesn’t see the avr even if it’s on.

Dylan,

Here is a screenshot as of about the time I did the posting.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tim

Tim,

I believe the screenshot Dylan was requesting should look something like this. I was wondering if outputs may be disabled in Settings - Audio.

Thank you George. I think that I now see the problem.

Settings%20audio|568x500

Dylan,

After enabling the devices, things are working again.

Any speculation on how they became “unenabled”?

Thanks again,

Tim

It doesn’t seem that my screen shot posted properly so I will try again. After I enabled the devices, things are working again. Thanks for the assistance.

Hi @Timothy_Good,

I can’t say for sure what caused them to be disabled, but thanks for the update here and glad to hear that things are working properly since re-enabling the devices. Hope you have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.