Roon does not see PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon runing in docker on unraid latest roon I assume

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi/ubiquiti networks. UNTANGLE is routing

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

There are many however the problem on is on a PC running windows 10. It has 3 audio outputs I am aware of, a Soundblaster, analogue out and spdif out. Used to be fine.

Description Of Issue

This is a firewall issue but I dont know how to fix it.
Running windows ten build 1909
Seems specific to this PC, other windows on network same build work fine

If I turn off firewall, all is well.
If I turn it on the audio options from the pc are gone.
In firewall, roon is listed and I have check both public and private.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling roon, rebooting core, no dice.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps this helps:

Thats an alarming amount of ports to open. Never the less I added them no dice.

If I switch off the firewall it all works.

I poked around in advanced sharing options and made sure private and public was allowed to share, I am really stumped on this one.

Come on guys I am being forced to use itunes here!

Well, the easy solution is to turn off the offending firewall. You only need a fw on the gateway anyway.

Yeah I guess so, I have Untangle with firewall and bunch of virus protection and stuff. Still would be happier to have it on.

More importantly its a annoying me I cannot work it out!

Hi Gareth,

Make sure the Firewall and antivirus software allows RAATServer as well as Roon.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi greg, ok, but how? And why anyway would it suddenly just not work any more?

Where is raat, is it part of the hundreds of ports listed above, I opened all those and still no roon on this pc.

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Is this just the standard Windows Defender Firewall? Or a different app?

When entering exceptions for different apps, you should see RAATServer listed in the same place that Roon/RoonServer is listed. Does RAATServer not show up in the list at all?

1 Like

OK I see now it was the raat server that for what ever reason had private networks unticked.

All working now thanks

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.