Roon doesn‘t start on Samsung S9

Since Roon 1.8, Roon doesn‘t starts up anymore. Sometime it works when I close the app and start it again… anybody else?

Yes it’s an issue since 1.8
From what I’ve seen on the boards its most common on Huawei and Samsung devices.
I have 3 Huawei devices and all are experiencing this problem.

There have been a number of fixes proposed by forum users in the many threads on here. Whilst they worked for some they didn’t work for others, myself included. Search through the latest posts on “Android” and see if the fixes might work for you.

The big freeze is still happening after the latest updates to core and Android app too. Have not seen support address the issue yet. Hopefully it won’t be too long now…

Hi, thanks for the Feedback. I‘ve searched, but obviously not intensiv enough :wink:

Could start here

Thanks a lot!

@support, I tried various workarounds as suggested in the above and other threads, w/o longterm success, when do you plan to solve the issue?

Hey @Thomas_Schori,

Sorry to hear about the trouble - we’d love to help in any way possible. To that end, I’ve moved your thread in the Support category and notified our technical team about it. They will reach back out as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

Hi @beka, so far I didn‘t heard anything back from support…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.8 Android hands and have to force close app [Investigating]

Hello @Thomas_Schori ,

Let’s please continue the conversation in the following thread:

Thanks!