Roon doesn't display all songs from Tidal playlist

I created a new playlist in Tidal, works fine there (desktop, mobile), then I refreshed/synced Tidal in Roon, new playlist appeared, but with 3 songs less, 27 instead of 30 songs!
Why is that!?

Can you find e.g. the missing Gregory Porter ā€žLove shouldnā€™t hurt like thisā€œ track when you search for it in Roon, and does it play?

Nope, Roon doesnā€™t find it, and Tidal does! What does this mean, how is that even possible?
That makes me wonder, how many songs and albums am I missing because i listen everything from Roonā€¦

1 Like

There are several threads about music disappearing, local files too.

If the track isnā€™t available in Roon, then at least it explains why itā€™s not represented in the imported playlist, I think.

Of course, thereā€™s then the question why it isnā€™t available. I see the single in ARC and it plays, but Iā€™m not home to check in a remote. Is this the one?

Itā€˜s released on April 20, so quite new but not extremely, and normally it should be available in Roon 6 days later.

Yes thatā€™s the track. Strange I canā€™t see it.
Think Roon support should add some input here.

Sometimes, individual new albums do get stuck in Roonā€˜s database import pipeline longer than they should.

Agreed, Roon support should take a look, but now they have something to work with after the release was identified. I suggest you name the other two tracks/releases as well.

Moving this topic to Support

And to answer this,

itā€™s possible because Roon doesnā€™t just use Tidal via its API, the Roon magic is only possible because Roon imports the whole Tidal/Qobuz database:

Why arenā€™t the latest albums on TIDAL available in Roon?

When youā€™re browsing TIDAL in Roon, youā€™re seeing Roonā€™s TIDAL database, not a direct pass-through of whatā€™s shown on TIDAL ā€“ thatā€™s why thereā€™s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc. This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind TIDAL when a brand new release comes out ā€“ our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

From https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/networking-best-practices

Thanks, good to know, so I will just have to wait for a few days, thats fine

Not so sure. As the album was released on the 20, I think that normally it should have had enough time to trickle in - sometimes a release misses the cutoff, but then it should be maybe 1 or at most 2 days late. But 6 seems a bit much, so maybe Support has to take a look. Sometimes, a release does get stuck

Hi @Hrvoje_Hudo ,

Thanks for flagging us regarding this, I am also not seeing the track in Roon on my end, but it does appear in the TIDAL app. Iā€™ll forward the report to the team to look into this further.