Roon doesn't see local devices on remote PC [Solved - maybe Cisco WebEx]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20.04, 2016 Falcon Northwest Tiki

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ubiquiti router, ruckus hot spots

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2019 Razer blade running windows 10

Description Of Issue

I’d like to be able to play my music on my laptop. I have a roon client installed on the laptop and it can connect with the core and manage it. For some reason though, I can’t add any audio device on the laptop.

I’ve tried disabling both firewalls and upgrading the realtek drivers. I have a focal arche connected with the latest driver and that isn’t seen by roon either.

Out of the blue I got an option to let the RaatServer.exe through my firewall. I allowed it and now it’s working. One issue to raise is that I did run Cisco Webex on my machine before installing Roon. I think webex makes a mess out of audio devices. The raatserver option only appeared after I had rebooted my machine. So maybe the issue was webex.

Hello @Luke_Miner,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out! Yes, missing audio devices is often a symptom of an improperly configured firewall.

Have you noticed any further issues since making the firewall changes or is Roon running as expected now?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.