Roon doesn't see my network streamers

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core running on an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017, 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is a Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine.

Connected Audio Devices

I’ve got a iFi Zen Stream for my headphone setup & a miniDSP SHD Studio for my stereo system.

Number of Tracks in Library

I’ve only got a few albums in my local library. I mainly stream via Qobuz.

Description of Issue

When I go to settings > audio in Roon, neither of my ‘Roon-ready’ devices are listed as options. Both streamers are running the current versions of their software and both are reliably connected to my network. I’m stuck and don’t know what to do.

First quick thoughts here.
Is everything on the same network subnet?

Not sure. How can I check this?

On the Administration page of you Dream Machine, do you see the iMac and Zen Stream listed with the same first group of network addresses aaa.bbb.ccc.xxx where only the .xxx is unique to each device?

1 Like

The IP addresses of all the client devices are all 192.168.1.XXX.

Also just for giggles both devices probably should be checked for the latest firmware updates while you are at it.

I don’t own either of your streamers, but it appears you have to enable Roon on the SHD Studio:

The Zen Streamer has a very long thread here, which may have some hints on ensuring its settings work in Roon:

One last check. Have you enabled firewall exceptions on your iMac Roon Core for Roon and RAATServer:

1 Like

Check. Both on the latest.

@Adam_Miner did you check this… and ip addresses of the core and endpoints?

1 Like

Thanks for all the good info, Robert. Starting with the firewall, I can’t find such a setting in Roon. The article just says to turn it off, but doesn’t say where to find it.

The firewall is on your iMac. I am on MacOS 13 now, so want to post a link from Apple on how to make changes to the MacOS firewall as Ventura made some changes to the location of these settings:

The default for a mac is firewall off anyway.

@Adam_Miner Is roon mode on the endpoints enabled? ← this is NOT on by default.

Hi @Adam_Miner ,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account diagnostics and I’m seeing your iFi and MiniDSP now appearing properly on your account. Is the issue fully fixed? Can you please let us know what you did to resolve it? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yes, I’ve got them both working now! Big thanks to everyone here for their help. The miniDSP was a simple fix, just enabled Roon via the Volumio web interface & it showed up in Roon. I never figured out what the issue was with the iFi, but resetting to factory then reconfiguring did the trick. Now that I’ve got everything working, I couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes