Roon doesn't start all after selecting roon software "update all" [Version 2.0 (build 1143)]

Operating System

Roon Nucleus | Serial #54B2039B7FF1 | Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Roon Server Software

Version 2.0 (build 1143) production

Internal Music Storage

4000GB, Samsung SSD 870 | 35% of 3697 GB available

Networking Gear

Fritz!Box 7590 | m-net

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit

Connected Audio Devices

Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra (connected to marantz PM7008)

Description of Issue

@support – After selecting “update all” today, Roon doesn’t start at all. It’s just the roon logo moving and moving and moving and…

Please help!!

I had exactly that yesterday (ROCK on a NUC here). First thing I tried was to go to the web admin page and restart the server software. This made no difference.
Then I shut the NUC down, removed power (that step might’ve been unnecessary), powered up and all was well.

Michael

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Putz,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in! After enabling diagnostics on your Nucleus, we, unfortunately, found database corruption being caused by a failing SSD in your nucleus.

To put it simply, database corruption means that the records Roon is reading from your database are different from what was originally written. In some cases, corrupt database records can go completely undetected. And it’s only when we release an update that requires Roon to re-scan every record that the corruption shows itself, which is what happened in this case.

We’ll need to get an RMA started for your Nucleus, I will follow up with next steps via a PM. Please keep an eye out for a message from me :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.