Apple Mac Mini with M1 CPU, 16GB ram

Network Details

Waoo Fiber connection 500/500 wired to my Mac Mini

Audio Devices

Primare I35 Prisma and B&W Wedge

Library Size

<> 10000 tracks

Description of Issue

I just renewed my Roon service licence and reinstalled the backup from 3/6-2021 which went on fine except that I didn’t had any audio source to play to, so I restarted my Mac. It has not been able to restart the Roon application hereafter. It just starts up with black screen and the icon bouncing but never starts the application.

I’ve tried to delete and reinstall the application but nothing happens.

Please help me fixing this issue.

Thanks!
Søren

I’m sorry for the trouble here, @Soren_Bo_Nielsen!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? We’ll take a look and will follow up soon. Thanks!

Hi Dylan

I’ve followed the guidline and generated the log.zip file. You can find it on Microsoft One Drive from below link.

Thanks for your support

/Søren

Hi Dylan

Any chance you could look into this issue anytime soon?

Regards,
Søren

Hi, @Soren_Bo_Nielsen , sorry for a late reply. According to your logs, there is a problem with your TIDAL account. It ended up in a corrupt state, which might have caused the problem you are seeing. This issue was addressed in our latest release. Could you, please, try installing a new build on your core machine manually and see if it resolves the issue? It can be found here – Roon Software Downloads - PC, Mac, Linux, Android & iOS | Get it Now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks Ivan

I’ve redownloaded and installed the application from the link you shared, but it has not changed anything.

I’ve ended my Tidal account as I’ll use Apple music instead for streaming, but like to use Roon to play my local files. Shouldn’t that be possible?

Thanks,
Søren

Hi Ivan and Dylan

Do you have any other ideas for a fix for this issue? Will it help if reopen my Tidal account?

Thanks,
Søren

same problem here

I tried open tidal again
Not helping

Hi @dylan @ivan

Any updates yet, or should I just cancel my subscription again as I can’t use Roon as it is?

BR,
Søren

Hi, @Soren_Bo_Nielsen , sorry for a late reply. Yes, in case you remove TIDAL account file everything should get back to normal. File can be found this way:

• Navigate to Roon Database folder as it’s described here
  • Delete this file:

Let me know if you have any questions.

@H_UANHSIN_TENG , could you, please, perform the same steps I described in my post and see if it fixes your issue.

Apologies for troubles!

Ivan

Thanks @ivan, everything back to normal.

Thanks for the support, happy to be back on Roon!

BR,
Søren

1 Like

Glad to hear that, @Soren_Bo_Nielsen :wink:

Ivan

1 Like

problem solved, BIG THX~

HUAN-HSIN TENG

1 Like