Roon end point warning "uncertified"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMAC (10.15.4)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ubnt various (enterprise networking) … core connect via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMAC usb->mcintosh d150->mcintosh C152
-> mcintosh mx170->mcintosh C8702

Description Of Issue
i have many roon endpoints and have been using a NAD C368 for some time as a roon endpoint. i noticed today that a warning was listed on the audio badge “uncertified” and the NAD C368 no longer works as a roon endpint although the amp play music locally and is accessible via the local network (.160). any ideas what has gone wrong?

Hi @Daniel_Marotta,

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot both the Core and the NAD?

Can you please share a screenshot of the uncertified message, along with the info that shows up when you hover over the uncertified message (should show RAAT version info).

i did reset both and the message is not there anymore … i can play a song on the NAD C368 however i can’t adjust the volume via roon OR when i play a song on tidal via the bluos app i can’t adjust the volume either (support request sent to NAD) … this device worked fine for the past two years but it appears to be a NAD issue but i will see … maybe others are having the same issue?!?

Do you by any chance have “Fixed Volume” set for this zone in Device Setup active?

Yes, if you can’t adjust the volume in the BlueOS app either and you have checked to make sure you’re not on Fixed Volume (I’d check in the BlueOS app as well in case there’s a similar setting there), then I’d defer to NAD support.

its is set to “device volume” … i’ll let you know what NAD’s thoughts are …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.