Roon Endpoint on armv8 device not found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell SFF with an i5 4590 and an 120 GB Sandisk SSD HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

• My Internet Provider offers me 100/9 (down/up) mbit speed.

My local network (Gigabit) is consisted of a pFsense firewall running on a ‘‘PC engines’’ board with a couple of Netgear switches and and a Ubiquiti AC lite Wireless Access point.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Topping DX3 Pro on my main PC

Raspberry Pi Digi+ Pro w/ Official RPi Display running RopieeeXL

Another Volumio Streamer based on a Asus Tinkerboard

Galaxy Note 10+

iBasso DX160

Description Of Issue

I have set a roon bridge on a NanoPi NeoPlus2 board (armv8) successfully and the service seems to be running OK. Under the ‘‘about’’ tab I can see ‘‘DietPi Roon Bridge’’ available but the system cannot find the audio interface under the ‘‘Audio’’ tab so the endpoint is not available to be used and activated.

I have made sure the board is set to use the usb-dac I have hooked to it under its alsa settings.
The board runs DietPi.

Any help or idea to troubleshoot this will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @gtj,

Are you running Windows on this Dell? If so, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.