Roon every days tries to add new music, even where there is nothing added [Metadata improver paused]

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC NUC5i5MYHEIntel Core i5-5300u12 GB RAM60 GB SSD2
Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Velop (wireless)

Connected Audio Devices

NAD M10
Bluesound Pulse mini 2i
Bluesound Node N100

Number of Tracks in Library

23730 tracks

Description of Issue

Every day the server wants to add new music. While doing, a lot of times the music which is playing, stops playing. I already went from a Roon Rock installation on a NAS to a NUC, because I thought that it was too much for the NAS. But unfortunately, the same thing keeps happening.

The screenshot shows what I mean.

Hi,

Check out this page from the Roon’s Help site …

Hope it helps you to resolve this issue, if not Roon’s support time will be along to help.

Hello. This isn’t the issue and the solution doesn’t work either.
The issue is the first line in the screenshot. Adding music every day, while I didnt add any music to my library.

Hey @Robert_Brugman,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with Roon re-scanning your watched folders. If possible, can you please share a screenshot of your Settings>Storage?

Are the tracks being added to your library new tracks? Or, are they tracks you’ve already added to your library?

If possible, please share a timestamp (date, time) the next time this issue occurs and we’ll enable diagnostics on your account to dig in deeper :+1:

Hello, Thank you for your help.
There aren’t any new songs that I add to my drive, that could be the trigger to start a scan.
I attach two screenshots showing the watched folders and what is happening now, at 14.14 (a scan).

Silly question , have you tried rebooting everything including the network .

Shut down everything , unplug (some stuff doesn’t actually top, just goes to sleep) wait then replug and restart each component in turn , waiting until each component has started fully before moving on

It often fixes this issue , it’s normally caused by not connection properly to Roon’s back end servers

Can’t Hurt :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.