Roon Experiencing Long Pauses and/or Completely Stops Playing Music after DSP Parametric EQ Adjustments

Roon Core Machine

Device name Xxxxxxxxxxx
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 381E11E9-4CBC-4AF7-8D44-XXXXXXXXXXXX
Product ID 00330-71247-XXXXX-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WIRED through Netgear Nighthawk Router

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
RoPieee 2022.04 (0182)
HiFiBerry DAC+

Number of Tracks in Library

Under 5000

Description of Issue

I was using a 2-3 year old version of HiFiBerry O/S on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. I had no problems with playing music. I recently upgraded it to the latest version of HiFiBerry O/S. This caused very long delays (over 5 seconds) after making the smallest changes on any Parametric EQ sliders. I then flashed a new card with the latest version of RoPieee, configured the Raspberry Pi and got Roon running on RoPieee O/S. However, the problem remains, ANY adjustment in the DSP EQ sliders causes either A) a 4-6 second pause in the music or B) a full stop in music playing, which requires pressing the play button again in order for the music to resume. Additionally, if multiple EQ adjustments are made it causes even more severe music playback delays or completely stops the music from playing. When pressing the play button it can sometime take over 5-6 seconds for music to start playing again.

Is this a known issue? Are other HiFiBerry DAC+ users experiencing and reporting similar issues?

Hey @Mark_Giannini

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

An important thing to note is that this behavior you’re experiencing is indeed intended. Any changes that are made in the DSP engine will result in a brief stoppage of music, and in some cases may need a manual restart by pressing play.

Please let me know if there is anything else I may be able to help with in the future!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.