Roon Extension and Android App: it'roXs!

Good morning!

There’s a new app version available (within a few hours). You can now assign an icon to an output:

The icon menu is available from the top right output menu and is shown in the media notification and lock screen. The icon should help you to distinguish the outputs. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

If you need more icons, just let me know what’s missing!

If v1.06 is not yet available through play store, you can download it here:
https://bsc101.eu/itroxs/downloads/android-app/1.06/

1 Like

Thanks Boris another nice little update.
A small feature request is to inform the user if WiFi is not turned on as it doesn’t tell you this at the moment. I normally work it out about 20 seconds later :wink:

Regards

a small request: currently the frame for album art is a square. It’s possible, as Roon does, that it fits the image and not crops? All my covers are scans and are never square

You mean just a message when you try to connect to the extension?

I will take care of it :slight_smile:

Hi Boris yes just something to tell you that WiFi is not enabled as you try to launch it.

Regards

Mike

this extension is amazing! wanted this functionality in roon proper for so long. thank you!

3 Likes

Another small update this weekend (App v1.07):

@Daniele_Piancastelli
Rectangular album art ist not cropped anymore.

Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Hi @Boris_Schaedler,

This extension looks amazing, would really like to try it. Is there any help to install the GitHub extension on my Rock/Intel NUC ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi @Eric_JARROUSSE

Extensions cannot be installed together with Rock on the same machine. But you can run extensions on any other computer in your network. The easiest way would be to just run a single executable file, you can download them from here:
https://bsc101.eu/itroxs/downloads/roon-extension-itroxs/latest/
Please find installation instructions here:
https://github.com/bsc101/roon-extension-itroxs (Installation Method 2)

You could also use a RaspberryPi to run extensions. Let me know if you need more assistance.

In the meantime, I discovered some topics about that, thank you. I did that and, bravo !, it’s working fine. I’m so used to see on my watch what I’m listening… thats’ great.
What is the meaning of the little radio icon on the bottom left on it’roXs ?

If you are listening to Radio Paradise the RP icon and channel is shown on the bottom left. Is that the case?

Not really… and I can activate or deactivate this icon directly from it’sroXs without any effect.

Do you have a screenshot?

This is what I meant:

Nope, I was considering this one:

Ah ok, sorry… :nerd_face:

This toggles “Roon Radio” on/off.

@Boris_Schaedler, donation just sent via Google play for all the hard work. The app crashed after it went through., Lol. More work required :blush:

Thank you @CrystalGipsy I really appreciate that!

And sorry for the crash… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good morning!

Just published new app v1.08 with some bugfixes and improvements: Background is better derived from album art (blurred album art). This is what it looks like, hope you like it :wink: :

3 Likes

Boris thanks for the continued hard work it continues to progress nicely.

Regards

Mike

@Boris_Schaedler any chance of adding some more icons please. Don’t seem to have one for a kitchens or lounge living Room.