Roon Extension and Android App: it'roXs!

It’s just the one zone whether it’s playing or not. I just choose it from the list and bang it immediately crashes and get os error message. Sometimes it will then be stuck on the zone and won’t restart as it crashes instantly. Have to wipe all data for it to work again. Sometimes it will just crash and return to previous zone and will restart. Zone is a Bluesound Node 2. As said all other zones are fine. Not tried it from the notification bit yet this is from main app.

@CrystalGipsy
There is a new version of the app available (v0.06), could you please reproduce your problem?
If the app still crashes: When you open the app after the crash, a dialog should appear, something like ‘send crash report’. Click YES, then select your email app and press send, everything should be prefilled (you can review the report before sending if you want).
If the app does not crash anymore: After you selected your Node2, tap on the three dots in bottom right corner and select ‘send debug log’. Again, select your email app and press send.
The report will include information about your zones and outputs, that’s what I’m interested in!
Thanks!

Ok since the new version no crashes of the app. However I am find the extension keeps getting terminated and has to be restarted@Jan_Koudijs is there a way to find out if this is extension manager or the extension?

Turn on logging for both the Extension Manager and it’roXs! After a termination you can download the logs by clinking the Extension Manager link in the Extensions overview and then post them here.

Ok will do that when back home. I think it’s related to the active endpoint , being shut off. Maybe something to consider @Boris_Schaedler

Thanks for the feedback. But I’m still interested in what exactly went wrong. So, could you please send me a debug log from the app? Just connect to your Node2 and then select ‘send debug log’ from the bottom right menu. Thanks!

You mean the connection between extension and core gets killed? Could be a problem…

No the active endpoint the app was connected to being powered off. Core and extensions are always rock solid.

Connection loss between app and extension shouldn’t be a problem, this happens quite often (when Android limits background processing). The app just tries to reconnect…

Not the app and extension. The endpoint the app is focusing on at the time. So I am listening to my raspberry pi headphone rig. I have the app set to control that. I turn off the raspberry pi and the app then seems to terminate. Not sure if this is related to crash of the extension. Sent you debug log.

Oh sorry, I took that wrong… Thanks for clarifying and the log, I will have a look at it!

Ive just reinstalled both the extension manager and this extension anyway to see if that clears something.

@Jan_Koudijs this is making the extension managed crash. When I restart it it’s blown away itrox and have to install it again. Logs don’t seem to save either.

Does it work if you switch back to the it’roXs container? Leaving Extension Manager out for the moment might help in pinpointing.

Ill try that and get back to you.

@CrystalGipsy
I published an update today: extension v0.4.0 and app v0.08:
The volume type ‘incremental’ of your Node2 is now supported, volume up and down should work now (if it can be controlled by Roon). Would be nice if you could test it and give some feedback. Thanks!

Regarding a removed endpoint:
This shouldn’t be a problem. If you remove the endpoint the app is connected to, the app just behaves as if you’d press the X in the notification, the notification is closed and the app disconnects. Is that what you experienced? What would you expect? Should the app connect to another endpoint in this case?

Yes thats what I experience so its expected behaviour. Perhaps it should or at least be an option to connect to another to keep itself alive.

1 Like

I have ditched using extension manager for the time being to see if its more stable. Installed the latest version and lets see how it goes.

Docker updated :wink:

Is it possible to add a volume slider (current version have + and -, but slider would be awesome :slight_smile: )

Is there no way to make this dockers update itself? Boring having to do remove and install it again every time.

Yes it’s possible.

docker run -d --name ouroboros \
  -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
  pyouroboros/ouroboros

It will check every 5 minutes and update if new version available (auto stop container, update and rerun).

Docker container cant update itself, ourobouros (or watchdoc) are solution to scan container and update images