Roon Extension: Deep Harmony - rich feature set for Logitech Harmony

Unfortunately, I had to power off and on my extension host. Roon discovers it but says configuration is required, and the ext reports no hubs found. My hub is functioning normally…Roon is too, only the host that runs the Docker container was rebooted.

Odd.

I’d imagine the dockers adopted a different IP after the reboot so the extension will need authorising agsinm after that it should pick up your old settings. Did on mine when this has happened. Maybe safer to try and fix the IP of the docker on the Qnap to stop it from happening again.

I checked and it’s got the same IP. I’ve removed the authorization and reenabled and still it reports can’t find hub. I’ve rebooted hub and confirmed it’s working. I’ve restarted Roon service as well.

I’m away for a few hours, perhaps it will sort itself whilst I’m out.

It’s does sometimes need to eat until it discovers the hub. Sounds like it did not save any settings on you Nas if it’s completely reset.

It may be worth cycling the hub - sometimes the hub can get into a state where it refuses to accept any connections from controller devices over wifi because it thinks the maximum number of connections (6) are already in use.

Thanks, I’ve tried that…any other suggestions? I tried full reset, Roon discovers the extension right away but no hub found.

Can you extra logs from the extension and send them to me?

If possible, after doing the following:
Settings -> Tools, change log level to All and Save.
Restart the extension / docker container
Make sure the extension is paired with Roon.

Leave for a couple of minutes.

Try opening Settings again and see if a Hub appears after a few seconds.
Then Settings -> Tools, copy log URL into browser and email me the resulting zip file. (I’ll PM you my email
address).

Thanks

Adam

You bet, on the way…thank you much.

Release 2.1.5.260 running on MacOS 10.13.6, Harmony Hub software 4.15.206

Since upgrading my Harmony and Roon installations to the latest releases today, the extension can not connect to my Harmony Hub after the initial discovery phase:

My Hub is discovered and when I try to select it in “Use this hub with Roon” in the Roon Extension Settings and press “Save” the app just hangs, apparently waiting for the Extension to complete the dialouge with the Hub.

The following errors are shown (The IP address of my Harmony Hub is substituted with “ipaddress” in this example:

roon-extension-deep-harmony:harmony HarmonyConnect [1:1] - connect failed Error: connect ECONNREFUSED ipaddress:5222 +2ms

roon-extension-deep-harmony:harmony HarmonyConnect [1:1] - retrying ipaddress (infinate attempts remaining) +0ms

Thanks for the report. This sees to be similar to an issue that Larry suffered.

Could you please email me log files from the extension - Tools section, copy the logs URL into safari and email me the resulting zip file (email address in PM) as this should help me confirm what happened.

It may also we worth rebooting the Harmony Hub as sometimes I have found it gets itself into a state where it will not accept a new connection. Power off and on will do it.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks for the reply. I sent the logs as requested.

Regards

Eric

Hi @Adam_Goodfellow, I’m getting the same problem - haven’t used my hifi for a few days, but think it was working last Friday

Hi

Could you send your logs please? (PM’d my email address).

After sending the logs, I suggest restarting both the extension (docker container, just in case its the reported memory issue) and the hub (in case it has got itself into a weird state that can cause it to not accept control connections).

Thanks - got them, but have not yet had a chance to go through them in detail.

To be clear, my hub was not discovered after I made a network change. Not matter what I did, it was not found. 3 days later, it’s back like nothing happened.

Had a quick look at the Logitech forums, and this looks like a global API block issue with the most recent firmware update -

https://community.logitech.com/s/topic/0TO31000000UKNpGAO/remotes-and-smart-home

Nick

Hi, I have two harmony hubs on my network and only one of them is being found by Deep Harmony. I tried unplugging and re-plugging the missing hub as suggested in a prior posting, but it is still not being seen by Deep Harmony. Note that the hub that is currently missing was at one point found by Deep Harmony, but I had to reinstall the Docker image for a variety of reasons (a clean install meaning, I had to build a new boot linux SD) and it’s no longer being discovered by Deep Harmony. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I will certainly be keeping an eye on it. Sadly this would not be first time time they have done something like this.

Thanks,

Adam

Best to send me logs so I can try to see what is happening. I have PMd you instructions.

This makes sense, as your Extension worked fine until I upgraded my Hub to 4.15.206.

Like others have reported, this upgrade just “happened” when I opened the iOS app, without any question whether I wanted to proceed or not. Someone @ Logitech really wanted this rollout to happen as quick as possible.

I just discovered your Extension two days ago so it is just bad timing I guess. :slight_smile: