Roon Extension: Deep Harmony - rich feature set for Logitech Harmony

Thanks for the info. Since this is a special purpose RPi with which I hope to have no further contact, DietPi gets my (barely informed) nod.

First of several questions I expect. Printing out instructions now.

Update: installed Rasbian and (I believe) Docker. Signed in to Docker website, found Khazul, copied the command line to pull extension, put it into the Terminal, and got this error:

Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Post http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.39/images/create?fromImage=khazul%2Froon-extension-deep-

Iā€™m way out of my depth here. Any assistance appreciated.

Update 2: Fixed permissions issue. Now running two versions of Khazul. How does one kill one? Tried docker kill Khazul

Check if you have multiple docker containers running: docker container ls. If so you can kill one of them using docker stop <container_name>

Hi, just installed this on dietpi w/docker and the extension doesnā€™t find my hub. The hub is running 4.15.210 dev firmware, iā€™ve tried restarting the hub, restarting the docker image, and the other harmony extension finds it without issue. What am i missing?

What version of the extension are you running?

Extension version 2.1.5+260.

Odd are you hubs located on a separate VLAN?

no it isnā€™t, network setup is just a simple typical home network, no VLANs.

so i tried the console app instead and that one found the hub straight away. i guess there is some issue with docker networking but i have no idea what, it is running in host mode and roon had no issue finding the extension.

@Adam_Goodfellow or anyone else thatā€™s got this work;

Iā€™ve setup Amazon Alexa Harmony skill and Iā€™ve got pause and play working, and fast forward and fast rewind but for the life of me I canā€™t seem to get it to recognize skip track, next track, next song, etc.

I believe it may have to do with ā€˜inputusbā€™ being the command for next in Harmony/Extension. Any ideas to enable next track functionality via Alexa?

https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008OsX3CSAV/update-to-accessing-harmony-hubs-local-api-via-xmpp

Some new exciting news from Logitech.

1 Like

@Adam_Goodfellow, I believe Iā€™ve found the root of the problem when trying to enable Alexa voice control for ā€˜Nextā€™ or ā€˜Skipā€™ song. The device used as a bridge, the TCL 4k Roku TV device lacks transport controls.

Any chance I/you could replace the TCL 4k Roku TV device for something that has transport controls allowing more complete integration with Alexa Harmony skill?

Thanks

P.S. Hy hub updated to the latest firmware, I enabled the xmpp support and the extension kept working without issue. Thank you Logitech for listening to your customers!

Great after my HUB updated to new firmware, I immediately activated XMPP and installed the Extension.
Works flawlessly, this truly upgraded my Roonexperience, finally being able to quickly play BBC 2 with a click on my remote, plus easily skipping etc.

Anyone with a Hub and Roon should install this.

Upgraded here to. All works.

I assume you cannot use this if you are running Roon ROCK, is that correct?

Nope, works fine with ROCK. It canā€™t run on the same machine as ROCK though.

Thanks for this great extension.

I have setup everything successfully. Link to an activity as well.

However, can I switch to this activity using Roon remote? Or I should go to Harmony remote to switch first?

It can start your activity when you press play, if configured correctly, so no need for the harmony remote to turn it on, but you will need to turn it off.

Enhancement request. My turn-on sequence for roon activity take about 30 seconds. It would be great if we could configure a delay between the activity start and when roon starts playing the selected track.

You canā€¦ you just put a delay in the start sequence in harmony before you get it to press ā€˜playā€™.