Roon Extension: Deep Harmony - rich feature set for Logitech Harmony

Nope. I’ll try going back to that. Thanks.

I assume this extension is still not available to Nucleus owners?

I don’t think you can run any extensions on the Nucleus, but you can still run them on another computer on your local network and Roon on your Nucleus will pick them up.

The last two days I see a lot of DNS lookups (every second) by this extension to my local DNS server. This means a lot of network traffic. Anyone else having the same problem?

Problem solved.
I stopped, deleted en reinstalled the docker container. Don’t know why the problem appeared but it is solved now.

Hi do instructions actually exist for this please?

I have installed, its in roon, it sees my hub, I feel I have set the parameters but nothing happens when I hit harmony buttons. Is it something to do with nine ‘yes id’s’. I have not seen ids in harmony.

Why are instructions no longer a thing? There are always changelogs etc but never clear instructions, sigh.

There are in the extensive readme in Github.

1 Like

Ahah! I feel silly.

I was in the docker page, these things are all over the place!

No worries. Let us know if you run into any snags. It can be a lot to wrap your head around at first.

I got it going, good stuff!

@Adam_Goodfellow, any Roon extensions can’t control volume when volume is set to deep harmony - hub - infrared. (Web, Apple TV extensions).
Please can you look ?

Confirmed via Riopeee, though this does not appear to be a Deep Harmony issue as the volume change instruction from Roon seems to have a value of 0 instead of 1 or -1 for increment/decrement as it used to. No sign of the Roon node APIs having been changed for a long time, so I guess something has changed on the Roon server end.

Will take it up with the Roon folks.

(On further examination, it seems that Roon is not including volume control information in zone data with custom volume controls (or fixed volume devices) unless the volume limits have been edited, even then most of the essential data is missing, end result - other extensions have no information available to request volume changes - not even the control type so it looks like a fixed volume device with no control available - seems like a Roon bug).

Thank you, as I have separate preamps the integration of volume with roon is essential.

I am having this issue with using Ropieee as a remote it just sticks at 0 and wont allow any changes it things it’s fixed volume, which essentially my DAC is as the volume is controlling volume on the speakers themselves not the DAC. But it would be good if this could roll down so it would control it.

Thanks @Adam_Goodfellow for your work on this extension which I am using for the first time and now have working to control playback of a Roon zone. I have a question and a request.

The question pertains to the shuffle feature. If I go to my device setup for Roon in Harmony, I can tap ‘Input Hdmi1’ and activate the toggle shuffle OK, but the toggle shuffle button is greyed out on the activity screen on my Harmony iOS app. How do I get the shuffle toggle working in the activity?

And the request - would it be possible to get the favourites buttons to link to bookmarks in Roon, in addition to playlists? I don’t really use playlists and would like to automate the playing (ideally shuffling) of tracks in one of my bookmarks.

Thanks

Nick

Re Shuffle mode button state in Harmony app: this is not possible as there is no way to push state back into harmony as all of its control schemes for IR and network are one way.

Re bookmarks into Roon UI: I believe this is not possible, or at least I have never seen bookmarks exposed anywhere in the Roon SDK but I will have a specific look for it when I get a chance.

Thanks for your reply Adam.

I wasn’t so much thinking about the button state - just the opportunity to toggle the shuffle state in the activity, rather than having to go to the device in Harmony. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I have no control over what buttons the Harmony app displays within an activity. Also Harmony doesnt display input controls as far as I can tell, which is reasonable because it probably assumes they were set as part of the activity and so no need to access within an activity.

I only used input controls because that was all that is available after all the standard functions were assigned (and even then I had to hijack some others).

OK, thanks for letting me know Adam. The main thing for me is not the remote, as I’ll mostly use the Roon app for this - rather it’s the automation, which is a great contribution to the Roon community, so thanks again!

1 Like

Hello, sorry to bother with a simple question, but I did not find clear documentation on this. I have a Musical Fidelity M6si amp that has a infrared remote that I can use to adjust the analog volume pot of the amp.

Could I use Harmony Hub and this Harmony Roon extension to control the Analog Volume of my amp directly from the Roon Control App on my iPad? (This would be super awesome)