Deep Harmony V2 is now available.
- For x64 based Linux:
- For ARMv7 based Linux (Raspberry PI 3/3B+)
Console applications are available for Windows-x64, MacOS-x64, Linux-x64 and Linux-ArmV7 at:
Please see the readme at https://github.com/Khazul/roon-extension-deep-harmony-release for setup information.
Deep Harmony V2
A Roon Extension for Logitech Harmony
Deep Harmony is an extension for the Roon media system from Roon Labs LLC that provides integration with Logitech’s Harmony Hub remote control system to provide activity detection and selection by and for Roon and provide volume/mute control from with the Roon UI. Additionally it includes a media device emulator that allows for transport control and other functions from a Harmony Hub remote control over WiFi.
Supports multiple Harmony hubs
Supports multiple harmony zones
Associate Harmony activities with Roon zones for transport and other control
Volume step up/down and mute/unmute from within Roon UI
Select/standby activity from within Roon UI
Auto stop linked zone when Harmony selects another activity or powers off
Transport control of Roon from your Harmony remote
Loop mode cycle
Upto 10 internet radio services or playlists can be assigned to Harmony remote number keys
This release was originally intended to be a few fixes and addition of auto update and a few minor tidy ups under the hood. However one thing led to another and eventually it made more sense to start on future plans now as it became clear that some of the under the hood improvements were going to need a rather more major rework. So, instead of the intended 1.0.1 release, here it is; 2.0 and allmost everything has changed.
- Now supports multiple Harmony Hubs.
- Now supports multiple Roon zones allowing for each zone to be associated with a Harmony hub+activity as needed.
- New Roku emulator to provide many more buttons.
- Supports a separate Roku emulator per Harmony hub.
- Quick access to up to 10 favourite playlists or internet radio services from Harmony remote.
- Proper rolling and trimmed log capture system with embedded web server for easy access to recent logs as a zip file.
- Simple software update system to download and install new versions as they become available. This is controlled from settings.
- Roku emulator button assignments are a more natural fit with Harmony.
- Significantly reduced docker image size (Just under 800MB reduced to around 115MB on x64 and around 95MB on ArmV7).
- Web based access to logs and user controllable logging levels.
- Docker images for two platforms (linux-x64, linux-armv7) including multi-platform tagged docker image.
- Basic console applications for 4 platforms: linux-x64, linux-armv7, windows-x64, macos-x64.
The extension is available as a docker image and as a bare bones console application. The console applications are a by-product of the build process and at this stage do not feature installers. They do however come with a very simple script to keep them running.
- Docker Images for
Bare bones console apps for