Roon Extension: Publish to MQTT broker

I not getting this extension to run as service unfortunately…

I installed it in
/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-mqtt-extension/

and my systemd file looks like this:

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/bin/node /home/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-mqtt-e$
Restart=always
#StandardOutput=roon-extention-mqtt
#StandardError=roon-extention-mqtt
SyslogIdentifier=roon-mqtt-extension
User=root
Group=root
Environment=NODE_ENV=production
WorkingDirectory=/home/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-mqtt-extension/

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Where is my mistake?
my node is installed here:

whereis node
node: /usr/local/bin/node

What is the last thing I’m missing?

In your ExecStart line the location of the extension is incorrect:

ExecStart=/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/bin/node /home/root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/...

should read

ExecStart=/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/bin/node /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/...

You put /home before the actual path being /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-mqtt-extension/
Just to be sure, you have put the actual complete path there right? I see now e$ is the last on that ExecStart line. I know this is probably from copy-pasting, but you never know…

Version 2.2.0 is now out of beta :wink:

I just managed to get my roon-mqtt-service to run, thanks for pointing out :slight_smile:

I now filled in my broker ip and so forth, when I subscribe within mosquitto to the topic I can see that my pimatic is correctly sending the message to the topic.

Unfortunately roon won’t react to it:

My Roon Settings

And my pimatic rule:
grafik

My Zone is also called “Wohnzimmer” (because of case sensitivity)

Do you see any mistake I made?

MQTT allows empty topics. By adding an extra / you are actually pubilshing to another topic.

Try to publish to roon/Wohnzimmer/command instead of roon/Wohnzimmer/command/.

Oh okay…
i changed it like you said, unfortunately still no change in play state
grafik
The message is delivered though

EDIT:

I oversaw that I changed the Roon root topic to empty.
Now I put “roon” back into it and now it works :slight_smile:

I have same problem, I can t control zone via mqqt, but set volume is OK.
My zone is called BeoSound, so I try roon/BeoSound/command stop , and there is no state changing, what next I should I try? For testing pourpouse, Im using mqqt explorer in my mac, so I send commands with him.

Have you set the root topic in mqtt extension to roon?
That did the trick for me

How I can do that? In roon setup under extensions, when I choose mqtt extension, I can only set IP adress of mosquito server, so roon after that, can connect to server.
There is no other options for setup.

Only if you doing that from linux cli?

My config window looks like this, yours too?

No, totally diferent, I have old version 0.1, i think this is problem. Tomorow I will try upgrade. Thx!

Wher did you find version 2.2.0 ? Im searching eveywhere withouth luck!

I did

Git clone
With his GitHub page

And then followed the instructions

The extension is also available in the Extension Manager.

By installing the extension manager you can easily install multiple extensions.

Still no luck, everything is working, except control roon.
Is there be topic command on path roon/(zone-name)/ when I send play command, to path roon/BeoSound/command/ , I see newly created topic command, but nothing happened.
Same issue with old version 0.1 and new version 2.2.0
Anybody have idea what is wrong?

Try topic roon/BeoSound/command without a trailing /

Hi.
I am trying to install the extension using the extension manager on a dietPI rpi.
When I trigger the install from a roon client the manager crashes with the error file /root/.roonextensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-mqtt/.npmignore not found.
I could install other extensions successfully.
Any idea?

Actually the path is wrong. The directory where the extension gets installed is roon-mqtt-extension, not roon-extension-mqtt

The Extension Manager expects that the name of the git repository and the name in the package.json are the same, which is not the case for the MQTT extension. Maybe @eFJee can align the two, that will probably fix the install issue.

1 Like

I changed the package.json, so the git repository and the package match as of now.

1 Like