Roon fails to detect the Linn Klimax DSM when I initially launch the Roon app

Hello,

I am currently using the following version of the Linn Klimax DSM software:

• Software Version: 4.104.518
  • Software Variant: Fw961

Roon typically fails to detect the Linn Klimax DSM when I initially launch the Roon app. It’s only after I stop and restart the Roon server that the Roon app is able to recognize the Linn Klimax.

The problem has been going on for quite some time and I believe it started after the Roon ARC update, but it wasn’t always like this.

Best regards,
Hans-Jürgen

Hi there,

I’ve moved your topic to the Support category of the forum which is monitor by Roon’s support team.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like

(just another Klimax DSM owner)

I own two Klimax DSM on different locations, I’ve not had connectivity issues in years. From experience with debugging Roon>Linn issues back in 2019, providing a detailed description of your setup (as @Carl explained) is really useful.

Have you changed anything in your local network (router, switches, firmware) around the time this started happening? Reason I ask is that there are a few network settings that can interfere with good Roon>Linn functioning. From experience: I disable jumbo frames and IGMP snooping, and I avoid fancy managed switches. Linn streamers are a bit particular with respect to those matters, as discussed in their documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.