No VPN on ethernet

Roon 1.8 1021

Connected Audio Devices

USB oppo 105
sonos

Number of Tracks in Library

66580 tracks

Description of Issue

When I minimize Roon core to my dock everything runs fine. As soon as I pull it up to navigate on my Imac it freezes (the roon application) and I need to restart (the roon application). This has been the same for the last 3 updates

Hey @Daniel_l,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues with your core freezing.

If possible, please reproduce this issue, and grab a time stamp (date, time) and share it here. From there, we’ll enable diagnostics on your account and take a closer look into what might be going on :+1:

With that, do you have any applications running while this issue occurs? Do you have any antivirus apps going on in the background? Please make sure you’ve disabled any firewall settings around roon as well.

I’ll monitor this thread for your reply :pray:

636pm Monday the 29th
After I saw your post I opened Roon from dock. I’m not running any firewall. You can see the apps I have running

Hey @Daniel_l,

Thanks for that information. We’re currently investigating this issue in more depth, as it has affected a handful of different users. I’m not seeing anything pop out around the time of your last freeze. A few follow-up questions for you:

1. What are you doing / where are you specifically in roon when you minimize your screen? Does this issue happen no matter where you are in roon?
  2. Does this happen every time you minimize?
  3. Does this issue happen when you use the keyboard hotkey command+H to hide it versus clicking the minimize button on the roon application?

Thanks, Daniel :pray:

It happens when I maximize it from the dock. I just click on it.

Hey @Daniel_l,

Thanks for that. Were you able to test out my question below, and see if you get the same issue?

I have not. It’s not how I would normally use my computer.

Hey @Daniel_l,

I understand that. We’re looking more for additional diagnostics around this issue, and testing the hotkey command+H to hide it will provide more information towards finding a solution. We’d never ask you to change how you use your computer, more so just to test this to see if you still run into the issue.

Let me know if you’re able to try this out once to see if there is any change in behaviour :+1:

To be clear, it only freezes when I maximize it from the dock. But you are asking me to hide it when it’s open normally?

1 Like

@Daniel_l yes, correct. Give that a try, then use it as you typically would, then maximize as normal and see if you freeze up again.

Using the hide command and then maximizing does not cause it to freeze

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_l,

Thanks for giving that a try. It has led our dev team to indicate it falls within a current issue they’re sorting out. The good news is that they’re closing in on a solution for this issue :+1:

Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do for the time being (other than using the hotkey to minimize, but as you mentioned, isn’t apart of your typical workflow).

When there are updates to share on this issue, I will report back. Thank you for your continued patience here Daniel :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.