Roon for Windows keeps locking up on multiple monitors and saved_window_pos needs to be reset [Investigating]

Hi @juanluismena ,

Thanks for letting us know that the steps worked for you. Please note that we have an investigation into this issue at the present time, I have merged your report into the existing thread so that you can get notified when there is an update to the issue. Thanks!

Hola @juanluismena,

Gracias por informarnos que los pasos funcionaron para usted. Tenga en cuenta que tenemos una investigación sobre este problema en este momento. He fusionado su informe en el hilo existente para que pueda recibir una notificación cuando haya una actualización del problema. ¡Gracias!

Too many months have passed for this issue to still exist. Please consider to bump the priority of this critical ticket. You’re not showing yourselves in a good light when anyone comes to my home to see how awesome Roon is we first have to make a trip to the basement to restart the darn thing.

1 Like

Fully agree with Trevor - I reported this and figured out the workaround almost a year ago now. Clearly the dev team has not prioritized this. It’s a real pain and clearly it is not just my system anymore.

Just had the exact same issue. Thought an update might have gone bad so installed (over the top) latest from the web. No go. Roon server still working happy (mobile connects/etc) but the roon desktop client (Windows 11) would not start. Blank white window and hangs.

Found the work around to delete the file, and at least for now it’s going again. Bit of an odd one, never had this issue before.

Cheers all. Hope it gets fixed soon. I’ll shortcut the registry folder in the meantime. I swap monitors around all the time.

Hello Everyone,

It’s been some time since we posted an update on this issue, so I wanted to touch base with some news. Our dev team has been investigating this tricky issue, and we have made a recent discovery after advanced troubleshooting; it appears that the “Nahimic Audio Driver” can cause this issue.

For those still able to reproduce the behavior described in this thread, can you please confirm if you have this audio driver installed in your Windows -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers, and if there is any improvement if you try to disable it?

Please note that you may not have installed this specific audio driver, and instead might have come prepackaged from your manufacturer alongside your Windows installation. Please let us know if disabling this driver helps, thanks!

Nahimic Driver

Don’t have that driver (that I can see) and just reproduced the issue :frowning:
drivers

1 Like

But … I scanned the registry and did find references to that name that led me to Sonic Studio. I uninstalled that and rebooted and Roon just re-opened on the second monitor!

1 Like