Roon forgetting 100k scanned files

Hey @lyroon@Eric and I just discussed this issue 20 minutes ago, he was checking the status of some relevent work we’re doing before following up here.

The symptoms you’re describing sound similar to a known issue that can occur with a Mac Core + NAS where Roon gets misleading information from the operating system about the status of the network drive. Brian described it in more detail here, but it’s a class of issues that happen at the OS level, which means our options are a bit more limited here.

As I mentioned, we have been working on changes in Roon that we hope will make things more stable in cases like these. Right now testing is going well, and I’m hoping we’ll include these changes in the next release – I don’t have an exact timeframe on when that would be, but we do appear to be close to releasing a change that I think will help here.

Since your symptoms are similar but not exactly the same, I’d also like to confirm our understanding of the issue. Could you send us a set of logs as described here – with some more information we’ll be able to say with more certainty what’s going on here and whether the upcoming storage change is going to help.

Thanks for your patience here @lyroon!

1 Like