Roon freezes when I try to move the mouse around on the screen

Device name LAPTOP-TNMS927U
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB
Device ID 93474DDF-2B83-475B-862C-978EBE619555
Product ID 00325-80593-20404-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

The laptop runs via USB to Peachtree Integrated Amp/ Dac feeding KEF LS 50’s Speakers.

Since the new Roon up-date of 13/04/2022 after about 20 mins of playing Roon freezes when I try to move the mouse around on the screen roon shuts down.

Hi Rodney,

Fellow user here. I am assuming Windows OS. I have seen in the past that graphics issues can cause crashes. I would suggest updating your graphics drivers to the latest from the manufacturer, not from a windows update.

Also, and maybe try this first, if HDR is turned on, try turning it off and see if there is a difference.

Hi, Daniel thanks for helping me.
I’m still learning my way around “roon”, I couldn’t find HDR in settings. Where exactly do I turn the HDR off?
P.S.
I checked via my Driver Support and my Graphics driver is up-date

Kind Regards

Rod.

HDR settings would be under Windows Display options, IF they are applicable for your hardware.

1 Like

Thanks, Daniel I’ll check it out
cheers for the fast reply

Rod

Hello @Rodney_Ostrowsky ,

If the HDR doesn’t help, can you provide a screenshot of your Windows System Information → Display tab?

2022-04-27 15_20_01-si_7.png (642×335) - Vivaldi

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This issue is being investigated in the following thread:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.