Roon freezing every 10 seconds or so

Roon is freezing on me every 30 seconds for about 10 seconds. Anyone know what’s wrong?

@support please let me know if there’s anything you can do to help

Hi Boris,

In order for @support to help, they are going to need some information.

1. a better description of the issue, like, what are you playing, local files, tidal streams? if local files, what format, size.
  2. description of your network
  3. description of your roon Core machine, the endpoint and DAC, control points
  4. has Roon been running fine and then this started suddenly?
  5. You might want to verify that if you are using windows that the Windows Update feature isn’t currently downloading an update. There is a biig update coming for Windows starting today.
1 Like

Hi!
Same issue here. Running Roon server on Windows 7 64bit, every 30 seconds a window pops up, telling me, that RoonAppliance stops working. The allinone Roon application is crashing at startup.
As You know, last Night win7 systems were updated. Before updating everything was fine and working well.

Hi @Istvan_Petriko ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here.

I would like to take a look at your logs but first may I kindly ask you to please provide an expanded description of your current setup, as well as providing the make, model, and specs of the machine hosting your Roon core?

-Eric

@Boris_Udovicic1 ---- Thank you as well. I will be on the look out for your feedback based on Daniel’s response.

-Eric

Dear Eric!
The host machine is not a brand computer. It’s based on Core i7-3770K processor, with 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K2000 on a Gigabyte GA-z77x-ud5h motherboard. Using Samsung EVO SSD for the windows 7 ultimate operating system.
All my music are stored on a server computer running FREENAS. As endpoint I’m using a Raspberry PI 2B/HifiBerry digi+ with roonbridge, installed from dietPi. Sometimes, while I’m working, the host computer works as endpoint too. All the computers are wired to my home Network.

How can I send the Logfiles?

1 Like

You could also roll back the update and see if things start working again.

Hi Daniel! You’re right. But this is just a workaround and not a solution. I will roll back, and wait for a patch, that will really solve my problem.

If you know the KB number, it would be interesting to see what that patch is updating.

How should I find out which one blocks roon.

Hi @Istvan_Petriko ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are appreciated!

As mentioned, I would to grab set of logs from you so we can have a closer look at what could be causing this behavior you’re experiencing to occur. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

@Istvan_Petriko, I have the same CPU as you do. Are you using the 64 bit version of Roon? I had the same issue but I was able to resolved it by using the 32 bit version.

Yes, I am using the 64bit version. Good Idea!
I will give it a try. Thanks!

How do you roll back?

Open Control Panel/Backup Restore if you set up the backup options,
or Control Panel/Programs and Features - on the left side choose view installed updates, than you can manually remove any installed update.

Problem solved.
I had to remove than reinstall the software, Removing the database too. Now I need to rebuild the database, but it’s working.
Thanks for all your Help!

I seem to have fixed the problem by installing the 32 bit version of roon. Thanks for all the help guys!