Roon hanging on radio tracks then skipping to next track, or going to ‘Roon ready’ screen on CXNV2

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 5i5RYK 16Gb running Rock

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP Link Deco P9 mesh network, hard wired from node

Connected Audio Devices

CXN v2 wired Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Don’t know how to see that? 30,000 maybe?!

Description of Issue

So, since the most recent update Roon will stop partway through tracks seemingly at random. The track will hang for 30 seconds or so, and then either
a)go to the next track, or
b)go to the Roon-ready screen on the CXN V2

If it goes to the next track, I can skip back and it will then play the full track. This is happening on Roon radio, and I have only noticed it on tracks I know for sure aren’t local files.
All this has started since the last update.

I got the CXN V2 as well. Hardwired into the router. Roon core is running wireless on a MacBook.

No problems at all

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Dollan,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with audio playback. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

If you’re still running into this issue, let’s start by Rebooting your Roon Core, Router, and your Roon Remotes. What’s probably happening here is that Roon has retained the old IP address. The restart should help clear this up. Additionally, check to ensure that IPv6 is disabled in your TP-Link app settings, we’ve seen that cause issues like you’re seeing.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Hi @benjamin, Thanks but whatever it was isn’t happening now it seems. Fear not, I will let you know if it reoccurs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.