Windows 10 latest version, I7 9700K 32G of ram, RTX2060

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus wifi to Net-gear ethernet switch/ booster

Connected Audio Devices

Dante Virtual sound card

Number of Tracks in Library

2500 albums

Description of Issue

Roon hangs upon start up, tried deleting Tidal but it did not work. Roon worked fine for a few years I am now having issue after issue for the past year. Losing devices constantly, music stops play for various time periods then restarts, some albums play some don’t, now will not start at all. Ever time I start Roon it is a new adventure. I really like Roon but I am close to being done.

Hey @Shawn_Lalande,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with Roon is slowly deteriorating :pleading_face: . Thanks for talking to us about it.

You’re touching on a few issues (Roon hangs at startup, losing devices, stopped playback, restart, some albums playing, some not), are they all happening right now?

Could you please confirm you are running the latest version of Roon, build 831?

I’m also hopeful you could try this:

• quit Roon
  • restart your Windows 10 machine
  • uninstall the graphics drivers
  • navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers directly from them
  • install the graphics drivers
  • launch Roon

Any improvement?

Not a graphics card problem tried opening Roon at work and it opened fine. must be issue with home network.

1 Like

Hey @Shawn_Lalande,

How great to have isolated the issue - thanks for sharing. Please, let us know if we can help :pray:

Any Idea how to fix this or where to look. Tried restarting everything, reloaded Roon, updated Windows